Info on company who sells/ makes custom gun cabinets ?

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

dirtbag
Site Supporter 2022

Info on company who sells/ makes custom gun cabinets ?

#1 Post by dirtbag »

Hello.

I am looking to put some long (very long) guns on ticket. Issue I have is my current cabinets are too short.
I have been breaking guns down, but not keen on that after a period of time as you can imagine.

So I was wondering If there is someone who has / or makes gun cabinets for those extra long guns - like for guns that are 60 inches in total ?

Thanks in advance

DB
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Info on company who sells/ makes custom gun cabinets ?

#2 Post by dromia »

Brattonsound do a 60" external with no internal cupboard.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
glevum
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club

#3 Post by glevum »

To be able to lock my musket in a cabinet I cut the top off my cabinet and welded a 9" long extension to it made out of 3mm plate.

The local FEO was happy with the modification since the original door was not modified.

I have mounted it on the wall with the black powder box beneath it. This gives me enough room to put the musket up into the box when putting it away.

I was given the cabinet and the steel for the extension was from the scrap bin so it only cost my time.
dirtbag
Site Supporter 2022

#4 Post by dirtbag »

glevum wrote:To be able to lock my musket in a cabinet I cut the top off my cabinet and welded a 9" long extension to it made out of 3mm plate.

The local FEO was happy with the modification since the original door was not modified.

I have mounted it on the wall with the black powder box beneath it. This gives me enough room to put the musket up into the box when putting it away.

I was given the cabinet and the steel for the extension was from the scrap bin so it only cost my time.

Hi thanks both.

That's sounds like a good idea modding one I have (its old), of course I will run this by my FEO.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#5 Post by saddler »

Nothing to stop you adding a shorter cabinet onto a long one (welded or epoxy & rivets)
You can then partially remove the respective top/base, or portions of same.

You can also simply cut a small hole(s) in the top of a long cabinet to allow barrels to poke out.
dirtbag
Site Supporter 2022

#6 Post by dirtbag »

saddler wrote:Nothing to stop you adding a shorter cabinet onto a long one (welded or epoxy & rivets)

You can also simply cut a small hole(s) in the top of a long cabinet to allow barrels to poke out.
Is that allowed (holes in the top ?) if so, this is an easy fix for me.... if fact I could do it now.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#7 Post by saddler »

dirtbag wrote:
saddler wrote:Nothing to stop you adding a shorter cabinet onto a long one (welded or epoxy & rivets)

Is that allowed (holes in the top ?) if so, this is an easy fix for me.... if fact I could do it now.
Why wouldn't it be allowed? Gun clamps are still passed as ok.
As long as the contents are secure.
Cut a small hole & ideally reinforce it internally to make bending/prying more difficult.
dirtbag
Site Supporter 2022

#8 Post by dirtbag »

saddler wrote:
dirtbag wrote:

Why wouldn't it be allowed? Gun clamps are still passed as ok.
As long as the contents are secure.
Cut a small hole & ideally reinforce it internally to make bending/prying more difficult.
Excellent many thanks - will go that route, simples :>
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#9 Post by Dark Skies »

You could always get the taller Bratton, drill some big holes in the top to take the barrels, get an ammo safe to bolt on top then cut corresponding holes in the floor so the barrels poke through - all hidden then and an extra stash for ammo.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."