Is BP worth it?

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Is BP worth it?

#11 Post by dromia »

daman wrote:
That way I can shoot with minimal delay, and will also be able to make some informed choices about relative performance, cleaning etc when the ticket comes through.
You can only really make an informed choice when you have used both.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#12 Post by dromia »

daman wrote: And as for "old school" - well, I'm over fifty, and he's thirty years my senior, a lot of his kit is older than I am. No offense intended to the chronologically challenged!
No offence taken just curious as I was called old school when showing a deer killer my stalking rifles last week.

It occurred to me afterwards that if I was "old school" then that would imply that there is also a "new school" and I am intrigued to know what that might be?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#13 Post by poll007 »

Its definitely a case better to have it than not, even if you dont use it.

I applied for my explosives licence along with my fac 2 years ago, all it cost was ~£30 for the box.

Since then I've just used pyrodex P (bought a tub whilst waiting for the licence) but will definitly try some BP oncce the tub starts to get empty(i rarely use my revolver as most trip to the range involve a few hours of supervising followed by only a few minutes to shoot for myself).

Also definitely worth getting sooner as you never know when they might decide to seperate shooting explosives licences and charge for them.
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#14 Post by Hrun »

dromia wrote:
daman wrote: And as for "old school" - well, I'm over fifty, and he's thirty years my senior, a lot of his kit is older than I am. No offense intended to the chronologically challenged!
No offence taken just curious as I was called old school when showing a deer killer my stalking rifles last week.

It occurred to me afterwards that if I was "old school" then that would imply that there is also a "new school" and I am intrigued to know what that might be?
I consider myself "new school" (only been shooting since 2011, FAC 2012). I consider most members of my full bore club "old school" since they are in the main post handgun ban and have forgotten more than I know.. As is the case with some members on here and I respect their opinion.
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#15 Post by redcat »

[quote="dromia
It occurred to me afterwards that if I was "old school" then that would imply that there is also a "new school" and I am intrigued to know what that might be?[/quote]

You have to like black plastic. :D

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
dromia
Site Admin

#16 Post by dromia »

So following that logic.

Old school - mature

New school - immature

Could be the answer.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

Sim G
Past Supporter

#17 Post by Sim G »

Old school - Ludites

New school - got a keyboard an ISP and "Call of Duty" honestly believe they've mastered the sport...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#18 Post by daman »

I'm going to start describing myself as "middle school" soon...

Playing Battlefield 1 while trying to decide if I want to shoot a little black number or a sowr at the weekend.

Ah the tyranny of choice!

daman