RCBS Chargemaster Light

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
AlieN
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Bisley

RCBS Chargemaster Light

#1 Post by AlieN »

Apologies if this is already common knowledge but I've just come across this and thought I should share:

http://media.vistaoutdoor.com/p/RC/798.aspx

Much cheaper (hopefully) than the original ChargeMaster and also has a switchable input voltage.

AlieN
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: RCBS Chargemaster Light

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

That looks interesting and who knows, it might even be under GBP375 over here...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#3 Post by TattooedGun »

Thanks for the heads up.
Looks like a few users in the states already have some units, and comparison to a speed modded chargemaster 1500 makes it look pretty good.
Comes in at about $50 or so cheaper than the 1500 in the states.
Wonder how that'll transpire over here, because to be honest, at £500 for the 1500 combo, it's a joke at the minute.

The fact that it's got a switching power supply makes it 10x better straight off the bat. We can import these ourselves without needing to find a 240v version in the UK, sellers won't be able to gouge the prices so much...
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#4 Post by saddler »

Wonder if the Lyman Gen 6 was at the back of their minds during the design stages?
Sim G
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Sim G »

TattooedGun wrote: Wonder how that'll transpire over here, because to be honest, at £500 for the 1500 combo, it's a joke at the minute.

The RCBS site lists the Chargemaster 240v at $529.45. That's currently £424.87. 20% VAT kicks it up to just under 510 quid. Who's gouging the prices? Yes it's expensive. But I'll tell you, in 30 years it's the best bit of reloading kit I've bought. Worth every penny!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by 1066 »

I've never been involved with these machines but I can't understand why there's ever a problem with the voltage. All of this type of gear runs on low 9-12v DC so why not have just a regulated power supply the same as any laptop etc. to simply plug in the back.
A regulated power supply can be bought for £10-12.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#7 Post by TattooedGun »

Sim G wrote:
TattooedGun wrote: Wonder how that'll transpire over here, because to be honest, at £500 for the 1500 combo, it's a joke at the minute.

The RCBS site lists the Chargemaster 240v at $529.45. That's currently £424.87. 20% VAT kicks it up to just under 510 quid. Who's gouging the prices? Yes it's expensive. But I'll tell you, in 30 years it's the best bit of reloading kit I've bought. Worth every penny!
This:
1066 wrote:I've never been involved with these machines but I can't understand why there's ever a problem with the voltage. All of this type of gear runs on low 9-12v DC so why not have just a regulated power supply the same as any laptop etc. to simply plug in the back.
A regulated power supply can be bought for £10-12.

Also, whilst the list price may be $529.45, the list price of the 110v version is $508.95, which is only $21.50 more expensive, probably the price of sourcing a different regulated power supply as mentioned above.

So why therefore can midway USA sell for $296.99 and other sites sell for as little as $259.99 or so.

With "deals" like that available across the pond, you cannot tell me that someone this side of the pond isn't gouging the prices for the sake of a $21.50 power supply...
Sim G
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Sim G »

Midway probably sell thousands of units a year on top of all the other RCBS kit they sell. I bet there's barely a 1000 in the whole UK. Difficult to strike a deal when your ordering only 20 as the "distributor"....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#9 Post by saddler »

Midway (the real USA one) possibly sell more units in a week then the UK as a whole does in a year.

Trying to get "bulk" prices on some kit can be an eye opener.
Cotton for stable belts & girth straps for 'osses, being one example.
Need a regimental colour that's not on the shelf? No problem sir, a minimum order for 20 kilometers of said webbing is yours for the asking - purely a matter of a few tens of thousands of pounds outlay: to be able to make a belt that retails around £25 (& not counting the other fittings & parts)
saddler

#10 Post by saddler »

On the topic of digital dispensers.

Sold a few of the smaller Lyman Gen 6 units.
At the time I had them they were about £220 or so.
Seems to be a very user friendly bit of kit....and a huge saving on the RCBS models.