7.62x39mm Russkie

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: 7.62x39mm Russkie

#11 Post by dromia »

Probably better to get it from your dealer than going direct to Hannams. Hannams will sell retail but their prices are high to allow for their wholesale customers to have a margin so as not to be in competition with them.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
ArcofZen
Home club or Range: Tunnel Club Charmouth

#12 Post by ArcofZen »

snayperskaya wrote:
ArcofZen wrote:I'm also after something in 7.62x39 and added it at as my first variation. I asked for 500rnds but they only gave me 400 so spam cans are out which is a shame. Although I was always under the impression that each can held 440rnds? If a can is only 350 then happy days!

Need something to feed mind you. I'm sure straight pull AK's used to be fairly cheap, or when I was looking a couple of years ago, Now they seem to be harder to come by, and not cheap!
Spam cans....

7.62x39 = 700 rounds
7.62x54r = 440 rounds
5.45x39 = 1080 rounds

Can dimensions are the same for all, only the amount varies so one sized can/crate fits all.

The Romanian AKs as sold buy Oleg are as close as you can get to a Soviet-era AKM as they are manufactured at the RomArm/Cugir Arsenal in Romania on ex-Soviet Russian machines.Slap on some Arctic Birch laminate, an akm slant brake and a Bakelite mag and you've cracked it :good:

Ah, that clears it up thanks. So either way i'm out of luck since I also have 7.62x54r but again 400rnd limit.
And I have been lusting after those Ak's so make no apology for quoting the image again. :p
Wreck diving heaven... https://youtu.be/SC3QXpVy15s
lasbrisas
Home club or Range: Bisley

#13 Post by lasbrisas »

I also have one of these, can also be downloaded so you can use it indoors if you can convince your club, it is the one rifle that every newbie knows and wants a go of !