Section one shotguns : owning more then one ?

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

joe

Section one shotguns : owning more then one ?

#1 Post by joe »

Can you justify to plod to have more then one section 1 shotgun ?
I've already got one for psg / target shotgun but I wouldn't mind having a mossberg 590a1 ! I could get a section two one since I've also got an SGC
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Section one shotguns : owning more then one ?

#2 Post by Sim G »

Yes, I have two, well waiting for my second to be sent to my RFD. A few years ago I did have three! Saddler has a few as well. Not wishing to sound obtuse, but your "good reason" is your good reason...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
joe

#3 Post by joe »

Sim G wrote:Yes, I have two, well waiting for my second to be sent to my RFD. A few years ago I did have three! Saddler has a few as well. Not wishing to sound obtuse, but your "good reason" is your good reason...
But what would be the good reason to have a second one ?? The plod is going to want Detailed answer as to why my current section one shotgun isn't enough !
The Gun Pimp

#4 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Good reason? If you're a serious PSG competitor, traveling the country to events, you obviously need a spare back-up gun.
IsleShoot

#5 Post by IsleShoot »

At my practical club we shoot lots of different competitions throughout the year, these vary from a traditional where some folk bring out their short barrelled coaching hammer guns (sec 1 due to length), then there is the pump action trophy and the Semi-auto trophy (pretty self explanatory), we have the IPSC cup and a Topgun trophy (the most coverted) both of which members compete against each other regardless of gun and then there is the UKPSA postal in which we have to have very specific guns & set ups in order to meet the requirements/rule of the competition.

Long story short you can have multiple section 1 shotguns to suit the multiple competitions you shoot (as long as you shoot them once a year, plod shouldn't have an issue).
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#6 Post by bradaz11 »

you have more than one rifle don't you?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
joe

#7 Post by joe »

bradaz11 wrote:you have more than one rifle don't you?
I did, at mo only have a 7.62mm ar-10 ! My feo suggested i also get a 5.56mm which I will at some point
BamBam

#8 Post by BamBam »

Yup, 2 section 1 slots. Reason, because I wanted a pump and a semi so could compete in either class. Might get a 3Rd for open...
joe

#9 Post by joe »

Cool, now can you get a 590a1? I've only seen 590's only
AJSawyer
Home club or Range: SNRPC, NRA Bisley

#10 Post by AJSawyer »

The a1 is the military model right? I'd have thought they only came with sub 24" barrels, which would be a no go for a pump.