Section one shotguns : owning more then one ?

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: Section one shotguns : owning more then one ?

#11 Post by saddler »

Two pumps (870 & 1897)
One bolt action (VKT M-N M91)

870 off to pastures new soon.
May give one of my Auto 5's a spell in the slot (I've got a S.1 model in RFD storage)

On my renewal I've put down for s 2nd bolt action. An M96 6.5x55.
(Already own this but it's been in RFD storage for a while)

The bolt actions are because Police Scotland make you get a second gun for reenacting.
They're convinced that if you use the same one as for target shooting youll leave live ammo in the magazine!
joe

#12 Post by joe »

AJSawyer wrote:The a1 is the military model right? I'd have thought they only came with sub 24" barrels, which would be a no go for a pump.

yes they are military model, however i thought they would offer longer barrels ?
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#13 Post by saddler »

joe wrote:
AJSawyer wrote:The a1 is the military model right? I'd have thought they only came with sub 24" barrels, which would be a no go for a pump.

yes they are military model, however i thought they would offer longer barrels ?
Don't be daft....
The importers add tubing to make them UK compliant
RDC

#14 Post by RDC »

I've got two S1 shotgun slots on my ticket that have just been added. I did give an explanation on a sheet with the variation paperwork for wanting two because I want to compete in different classes of competition.
joe

#15 Post by joe »

RDC wrote:I've got two S1 shotgun slots on my ticket that have just been added. I did give an explanation on a sheet with the variation paperwork for wanting two because I want to compete in different classes of competition.
cheers i might put in a veration instead of just getting section two one !
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#16 Post by HH1 »

I have two sect. 1's. A Benelli M1 Super 90 and a M2 Practical. I was told when I asked for the second one (the M2), "Ok on this occasion but don't be thinking that you can change either of these section 1 shotguns for a different section 1". In other words if I sell / trade in either of these don't be expecting to have two Sect 1's again.
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#17 Post by mr smith »

Yeah got two,semi and a pump for different classes for target shotgun and practical at the club.The semi is also covered for vermin.
Morph
Home club or Range: WRPC

#18 Post by Morph »

Yep got 3 S1 Shotguns:-
Beretta 1301 Comp
Bora 99
Norinco 1887
I might try my luck with a fourth as I do fancy a short SBS hammer coach gun :p
I am quite certain that the argument you've already won in your head was entirely more satisfying to you than the one that is actually occurring.

Member of WR&PC,BASC & UBC
4Islander
Home club or Range: WNSC

#19 Post by 4Islander »

Justification for 4 slots is easy, one for each division, Standard Semi-auto, Modified, Standard Manual (pump) & Open.

You could then ask for spare guns in each division giving a further 4 slots if your cheeky.

Look up the division requirements for each gun within the IPSC shotgun rule book, you will see each gun has a set criteria & if you wish to be competative a gun built for each division alone is required.

For example an open gun with detachable magazines cannot be used in any other division, also why would anyone use a pump in any other division other than Standard Manual ?

Guns built for Modified division cannot be used in Standard Semi-auto if they have barrel porting so again division specific & would not be competative in Open against the box fed guns.

The justification you need is written clearly in the rules, use them to your advantage, I have just the four slots.

4I
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

As above, this seems to be one of the few good points about Durham, they seem to actually 'get' practical shotgun. I have 2 semi-autos, one for Standard and one for Open, previously i've had a pump for Manual as well. At one point last year i had the 2 in my cabinet and 2 more slots for spare/back up shotguns. Showing you compete in a few competitions i'm sure makes it a lot easier for your FEO to write up the report.

The most slots for S1 shotguns i've seen was 8 :p
DVC