Cockett's Farm

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

Cockett's Farm

#1 Post by meles meles »

Well oomans, we's just returned from a splendiferous evenin' introducing two sprogs to the delights of clay pigeon shootin' at Cockett's Farm, Nottinghamshire.

http://www.cockettfarm.com

The sprogs are two 'prentices that works for us at the Imaginerium *. They found out we're a shooter a while ago and so we took them to a Guest Day at our rifle club a month or two back and they thoroughly enjoyed 'emselves, becoming great ambassadors for shootin' at our workplace, telling everyone that it's a great sport and shooters aren't evil weirdos...

Tonight we took 'em to try their hand at clay pigeon shooting and, though they only scored 2 ex 50 and 5 ex 50 respectively on their first round, they loved it so much they immediately wanted another go. They did (marginally) better on the second attempt. The sun was warm, the venue magnificent and the staff there ribbed them mercilessly about their lack of skill, thus making them even keener to have another go... It helped that us had a lucky night did we and made it look easy (43 ex 50). We stopped at a nice country inn on the way home and had a goodly feast of ye olde roaste beef and taters in the beer garden as the sun set over Sherwood Forest.

Comment of the evenin' came from one of the sprogs as he walked to the next stand, broken shotgun under one arm and a nice leather bag of cartridges slung o'er his shoulder: "You know, I can just feel the tweed beginnin' to sprout on me"

Tomorrow will be an excellent day at work as they regale everyone about their prowess. We think their actual scores may well increase with the telling... More importantly, we hope a few more will be converted and ask if they can come along too...

* Our Advanced Tekkernoloji Centre
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Nick Hulme
Home club or Range: RCRPSC

Re: Cockett's Farm

#2 Post by Nick Hulme »

A nice evening out, I quite like Cockett's Farm. I was taken there for my first experience of clay shooting and the wags I went with thought it was funny to have the new boy try sporting clay for his first round! ;-)

- Nick
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#3 Post by WelshShooter »

telling everyone that it's a great sport and shooters aren't evil weirdos...
I'm guessing you didn't tell them that you post on an Internet forum under the guise of a badger who speaks Latin then?
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#4 Post by phaedra1106 »

WelshShooter wrote:I'm guessing you didn't tell them that you post on an Internet forum under the guise of a badger who speaks Latin then?
Or the rest of the story .....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ptePSzwv8I
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#5 Post by GeeRam »

Nick Hulme wrote: I was taken there for my first experience of clay shooting and the wags I went with thought it was funny to have the new boy try sporting clay for his first round! ;-)
Sounds familiar.....much like my introduction to clay shooting as well.........but after bagging 22/50 for a first ever go, and not ending up as the lowest scorer, I was the one that ended up with a smile on my face....and the desire to add a SGC to my FAC.