Retro/Tactical Pump shotgun builds

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: Retro/Tactical Pump shotgun builds

#11 Post by froggy »

IMO that looks way sexiest than any modern "tactical" jobby ...
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

Wow Matt, I am impressed! Do you know what Section it is under on his FAC?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#13 Post by Mattnall »

I'm guessing S5 as S1 (similar to dispatch pistols and expanding ammo) as he's got the slot to purchase and not only to re-enact but a condition to shoot it on ranges and at clays. Next time I'll get a copy of the conditions.
There is also something else that his force have given him authority to acquire, but that is another story, and I won't be touching it. My FEO nearly spat out his tea when I mentioned it and said it'd be an interesting situation when he finds someone to supply it and the purchase letter goes in.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#14 Post by saddler »

Mattnall wrote:I'm guessing S5 as S1 (similar to dispatch pistols and expanding ammo) as he's got the slot to purchase and not only to re-enact but a condition to shoot it on ranges and at clays. Next time I'll get a copy of the conditions.
There is also something else that his force have given him authority to acquire, but that is another story, and I won't be touching it. My FEO nearly spat out his tea when I mentioned it and said it'd be an interesting situation when he finds someone to supply it and the purchase letter goes in.
Aye - very strange!

I know of a few S.5 dealers that supply re-enactors on set weekends with all sorts of "full auto to hire" weapons.

Never heard of an individual being granted a S.5 permit for re-enacting.

Mmm - that kp/31 may not be as far fetched as I first thought!

What force area is your mate in??
I feel like a house move may be justified...off to get some tea chests & orange twine.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#15 Post by saddler »

Mattnall wrote:I have a customer that has just been granted permission for an 18" pump-action trench gun for re-enacting. He's also allowed to shoot it at clays. :o

He's looking at getting someone to source/make something like this Model 37 (any ideas?);

Got an Ithaca 37, but with a 24" barrel...
Strange choice unless he's doing VietNam era as the M37 was a very very rare beast in WW2.
Much more common are the Winchester 97 & Winchester 12.
As per my previous posts - the Cranfield book is worth it's weight in gold when it comes to Combat shotguns.

Heat shield?
Try here: http://www.partsforantiqueguns.com/Winc ... hment.html - plus there are a few other firms offering repro metalwork...
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#16 Post by Mattnall »

He is a Vietnam enthusiast. Not quite as mad as some but definitely close ;)
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#17 Post by Sixshot6 »

Mattnall wrote:He is a Vietnam enthusiast. Not quite as mad as some but definitely close ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nx5N-4JvVyk
Ovenpaa

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

My ebonising stain is looking, erm... dark. This is Van Dyck Crystals mixed 100grams to 350ml of hot water, it took a fair amount of stirring to get the sludge off my favourite coffee spoon however it all dissolved in the end.
Black.jpg
First coat, the stock was sanded back in stages to 800 and wetted in-between to raise the grain, I stopped when it was starting to burnish. This is the first coat and I will give it a very thin coat of sanding sealer and then add a second darkening coat of the stain.
Butt after first staining.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
saddler

#19 Post by saddler »

Ovenpaa wrote:
Butt after first staining.jpg
Looks nice
Ovenpaa

#20 Post by Ovenpaa »

This is about the only non toxic and 100% organic stain I can think of and it is incredibly versatile and well priced.
/d

Shed Journal