Spas 12 parts uk

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Nathwraith
Home club or Range: Minsterly Ranges

Spas 12 parts uk

#1 Post by Nathwraith »

Hi guys,

I will be picking up a section 1 franchi SPAS 12 in the next week or so.

I've been looking only for spare parts and unsurprisingly I've not had much luck!

I know there is a guy who runs a page called "spas 12 project" in the US, but he seems reluctant to post parts to the UK.

Any pointers guys?
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Spas 12 parts uk

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

You lucky man.....I have a hankering for a Spas-12, hopefully I'll see you at Minsterley sometime.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
CDM5
Home club or Range: Tidworth RPC & Bisley

#3 Post by CDM5 »

MistAgain

#4 Post by MistAgain »

Numrich got whacked with a big fine a few years back for shipping parts that should not have been shipped .
They are a bit more careful these days .

Any order paid for with an International credit card MUST be shipped to that International country.
Any order paid for with a USA based credit card can be shipped to any allowed International country. Please click here to see the complete list of restricted countries.
International orders with a purchased parts value that exceeds $200 are not accepted. We do accept orders from Canada with a purchased parts value up to $1,000.
International orders containing restricted parts requiring an export license from the U.S. Department of State are not accepted. We do not obtain export licenses through the State Department.
International orders containing unrestricted parts, requiring an import license from the country of destination are accepted. Please fax us your proof of import permit and we'll pack it with your order.
Rarms
Past Supporter

#5 Post by Rarms »

MistAgain wrote:Numrich got whacked with a big fine a few years back for shipping parts that should not have been shipped .
They are a bit more careful these days .

Any order paid for with an International credit card MUST be shipped to that International country.
Any order paid for with a USA based credit card can be shipped to any allowed International country. Please click here to see the complete list of restricted countries.
International orders with a purchased parts value that exceeds $200 are not accepted. We do accept orders from Canada with a purchased parts value up to $1,000.
International orders containing restricted parts requiring an export license from the U.S. Department of State are not accepted. We do not obtain export licenses through the State Department.
International orders containing unrestricted parts, requiring an import license from the country of destination are accepted. Please fax us your proof of import permit and we'll pack it with your order.
From experience in the last few months, they will only ship to an RFD. Even non pressure bearing components
Sim G
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Sim G »

I had a an account with Numrich for years. After protracted negotiations they took a copy of my FAC as the "import" permit. Tried last month to get some parts and was basically told, "Thanks for everything in the past...."

As for OP, if you're getting a SPAS 12 for a "collection" or a curio with occasional use, then fantastic it is iconic. You want a regular shooting gun, I'd think again....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
lasbrisas
Home club or Range: Bisley

#7 Post by lasbrisas »

I have one for the iconic and collector reason and shoot it occasionally, what spares are you after, the most important is the buffer behind the bolt which breaks up and if this happens can cause the action to crack..spas12.com should be able to help you out with some parts but the folding stock is not legal here. Can't think of many spares you will need, gas tube O ring maybe, there's an art to field stripping, I suggest you watch a video first.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#8 Post by saddler »

Keep seeing a Franchi PA8 listed for sale as a SPAS.

Came with a heap of spares
lasbrisas
Home club or Range: Bisley

#9 Post by lasbrisas »

saddler wrote:Keep seeing a Franchi PA8 listed for sale as a SPAS.

Came with a heap of spares
Yeah I saw that as well, I think I even questioned it with the seller.
Nathwraith
Home club or Range: Minsterly Ranges

#10 Post by Nathwraith »

Yeah this has the full synthentic stock.

Read so much about them, so very much aware it won't be a super slick Benelli in terms of performance, but for target shooting(slugs), clays and alittle but of PSG I think I could do far worse!

I've placed an order with the spa 12 project now.

I was after the receiver buffer, gas o-rings and the mag cut off Spring. Essentially anything that will most likely need replacing.

Always loved the look of the spas and was surprised to still see them around, they fetch big money but hey I didn't take up this hobby to save a few quid!