Spas 12 parts uk

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: Spas 12 parts uk

#11 Post by saddler »

Nathwraith wrote:...but for target shooting(slugs), clays and a little but of PSG I think I could do far worse!
They're an interesteing looking design & all that, but I cannot think OF a worse shotgun for ANY of the listed activities...esp. PSG
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#12 Post by safetyfirst »

Oh come on, it's a good semi ain't it? It's not about what it's good for anyhow, it's about justifying something someone's always wanted. :)

Just remember, it's capacity is one short of the number of shots required to push a T-1000 into a pit of molten steel.

Also, it can only be racked one handed, vertically (my favourite kind of pump reload)
Nathwraith
Home club or Range: Minsterly Ranges

#13 Post by Nathwraith »

saddler wrote:
Nathwraith wrote:...but for target shooting(slugs), clays and a little but of PSG I think I could do far worse!
They're an interesteing looking design & all that, but I cannot think OF a worse shotgun for ANY of the listed activities...esp. PSG
Only one to find out eh.

I've watched plenty of vids regarding reloading, the worst bit on the spas is the button you have to press to unlock the feed gate. However most turn the shotgun over to reload which puts the button in perfect reach of your thumb!

I love the idea of pump and semi auto. I know the Benelli M3 has this too but it leaves me cold looks wise and doesn't give me that "want" feeling.

I have been tempted by a lot of the box fed shotguns but I feel that they aren't a mature enough design in the market yet.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#14 Post by snayperskaya »

Nathwraith wrote:
I have been tempted by a lot of the box fed shotguns but I feel that they aren't a mature enough design in the market yet.
Vepr-12???.....you don't get much of a more mature design considering it is based on the lineage of the original AK-47.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Grima
Home club or Range: wales

#15 Post by Grima »

A few tips for you.
Any O ring for a semi auto will work
Rear buffer, there are 2 types, forget trying to buy one (will end up costing a fortune) I just cut up hard rubber to fit the back of the receiver & super glued. Its only to stop metal to metal contact.
If you want chokes I ordered SPAS 15 chokes as they are easer to find.
They get dirty very quickly (keep bolt carrier well lubed.)
When changing from pump to auto only press the button till the forend starts to move then let go. If you keep it pressed in the forend can over shoot & jam the gun.
Hope this helps.
Grima

#16 Post by Grima »

Forgot to mention the safety problem, only buy a spas with a button safety.
You don't need to press the "button" to load, its a bolt release & the other one is a mag cut off.
Nathwraith

#17 Post by Nathwraith »

Seen the vepr 12 yes but the price is too high really. Although I think the barrel looks wrong for the platform. In honesty I was aiming to comment more at the ar15 style firearms, Bora BR-99, Utas XTR-12 etc.

I am aware of the lever safety issue. I would always ensure my forearm is empty before putting on safe anyway, can never be too sure. As the issue is when a round is chambered and safety is turned off it will fire, correct?

Are you sure? Most pages and videos seem to suggest this.
Grima

#18 Post by Grima »

If its got a lever safety walk away
Nathwraith

#19 Post by Nathwraith »

Grima wrote:If its got a lever safety walk away
Sadly it has. The likelihood of finding another spas with a button safety is low though.

Practising good safety, muzzle in the right direction, empty chamber & mag when not firing should be more than enough. Not the mention the "quick employment" safety which blocks the trigger.

My lever action has no safety and yet is completely safe to fire. Common sense prevails.

If you have the firearm pointed at something it shouldnt be, then you are being unsafe, period.
Nathwraith

#20 Post by Nathwraith »

Still trying to find a UK parts stockist.

Any more ideas guys?