Keltec did, they made a uk legal KSG

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Keltec did, they made a uk legal KSG

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

Unfortunately the prices that were on the website have now disappeared so I can't confirm but £800 was the price initially shown for the upper only
DVC
BamBam

#12 Post by BamBam »

Prices are up everywhere, no idea of the nwcp prices, but their basic st-22 was about £900 and is now £1045.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#13 Post by saddler »

Glad I got my Bremmers when I did...
Odd Job

#14 Post by Odd Job »

Kel-tec have no interest whatsoever in the UK market.
I found that out a few years back when I asked them if they could make a simple bolt catch to enable their SUB2000 to be manually operated instead of semi-auto.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
BamBam

#15 Post by BamBam »

I met a few of them at the Pro-Am in 2014 and they were of the opinion that the UK market was too small for them to be bothered when they struggle to keep pace with the demand in the USA.
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#16 Post by Sixshot6 »

BamBam wrote:I met a few of them at the Pro-Am in 2014 and they were of the opinion that the UK market was too small for them to be bothered when they struggle to keep pace with the demand in the USA.
Some in the US go as far as to say Kel tec at times is almost more of a think tank for gun designs with not much of desire to even try and expand......
Brian838
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Offa's Dyke.

#17 Post by Brian838 »

saddler wrote:It may be possible to add a brake or the like to bring it past the 40" rule.

The easier option would be to have them fit this at the factory, as a permanently attached item.
I sent them a message yesterday on their official Facebook page, I explained about the min OAL and would they consider perm fixing a muzzle brake at the factory.
I was very surprised to get a reply this afternoon Quote - "Good news... I spoke to the KSG-25 engineer yesterday and he has already been coming up with a 40" OAL plan."

IF, and its a big if, they do make a UK legal KSG-25, Who would be a good distributor that would be willing to bring them over here?
Hunter87

#18 Post by Hunter87 »

Brian838 wrote:
saddler wrote:It may be possible to add a brake or the like to bring it past the 40" rule.

The easier option would be to have them fit this at the factory, as a permanently attached item.
I'd be more than happy if they could weld a 2" muzzle brake to this -

https://www.keltecweapons.com/rifles/cmr-30/
lol you will have somebody's eye out in the next county
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#19 Post by WelshShooter »

BamBam wrote:I met a few of them at the Pro-Am in 2014 and they were of the opinion that the UK market was too small for them to be bothered when they struggle to keep pace with the demand in the USA.
My thoughts were the same too. A lot of people complain about the prices of KelTec in the USA, which is because the demand is so high but the production numbers are so low AFAIK.