UTAS XTR 12

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

happyal
Home club or Range: Peverel Rifle Club

UTAS XTR 12

#1 Post by happyal »

Hello,

I currently have a Bora BR99 that I use for IPSC Shotgun, but I've seen these UTAS XTR 12 Shotguns. I like the fact that they are quite close to a AR10 not only in looks but also operation.

I have been thinking about selling my Bora and getting the UTAS, does anyone have experience of the UTAS here, how are they holding up, is there any common problems, and anything I should look out for?
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

Re: UTAS XTR 12

#2 Post by Airbrush »

This is supposed to be here in March, personally I'd wait until these are shown to be proven or unproven as I've heard the UTAS has had a lot of problems.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#3 Post by bradaz11 »

Ive seen a few and hard nothing but bad things
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
BamBam

#4 Post by BamBam »

For every person who raves about it, there seems to be at least one other who has had trouble, like all box fed shotguns.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

The ones I've seen in the flesh have all had feeding and extraction problems and even the few videos out there (which also speaks volumes in of itself) that are supposedly showing them off, show jams despite not even shooting them particularly aggressively. UTAS are not a company associated with quality products, just look at the disastrous UTAS 15, but their customer support is reported as exceptional if you are brave enough to take the plunge.

If your BR99 works, I would stick with it in the meantime, its certainly what I'm planning on doing in the near future.

The hype machine is starting to ramp up about the F-12 in the video above, (and at least that video exists and shows a decent number of cartridges being cycled through it), but its still a Turkish shotgun with all the potential pitfalls as the others, so i'll be letting someone else take the plunge on that too before even thinking of changing.

Just my two pence.
DVC
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#6 Post by Daryll »

Airbrush wrote:This is supposed to be here in March, personally I'd wait until these are shown to be proven or unproven as I've heard the UTAS has had a lot of problems.

I'm not sure I'd want to fire 25x 12ga rapid fire with the butt in my groin region...!!!
Airbrush

#7 Post by Airbrush »

Daryll wrote:
Airbrush wrote:This is supposed to be here in March, personally I'd wait until these are shown to be proven or unproven as I've heard the UTAS has had a lot of problems.

I'm not sure I'd want to fire 25x 12ga rapid fire with the butt in my groin region...!!!
I think he's practising for the next wedding he attends. :p
Chuck

#8 Post by Chuck »

Now you know why we call them all "numb nuts" over here - even the local wommin folks call them that!

You can of course pop over on your hols and buy one over the counter with yer passport - just do the legals before you come. The shotgun will not leave the shop with you as used to happen................but it WILL be delivered to the airport for you!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Airbrush

#9 Post by Airbrush »

Chuck wrote:
Now you know why we call them all "numb nuts" over here - even the local wommin folks call them that!

You can of course pop over on your hols and buy one over the counter with yer passport - just do the legals before you come. The shotgun will not leave the shop with you as used to happen................but it WILL be delivered to the airport for you!
Chuck, do you know what sort of rep Typhoon Defence has in Turkey?
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#10 Post by Thorney »

Got one, regretted it. I need two hands to take the mags out.