HUNTS...not sure I've spelled that correctly...

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
Dougan

HUNTS...not sure I've spelled that correctly...

#1 Post by Dougan »

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/feb/ ... ralaffairs

So they say that there are too many foxes in the countryside, and that they're doing a 'pest control' service...

...and that it's the fault of people who feed them and the RSPCA for releasing injured ones...

...and now we find out that the hypocritical b****** have been breeding them just to hunt and kill them; which has, according to some sources, been going on for decades!
Browning_grrl

Re: HUNTS...not sure I've spelled that correctly...

#2 Post by Browning_grrl »

The whole fox-hunting thing is utterly foreign to me, so I can't have any valid opinion on it. But, how is this different from raising pheasants to be released and shot? (that practice is also unknown to me personally, all my hunting has always been done in the wild, but I do know such things happen in the UK, no? ) Please, no flaming. I ask out of ignorance, not malice. :)
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#3 Post by Les »

Strange, but the last I heard was that fox hunting was illegal in the UK, so ........................................ wtf ?
Dougan

#4 Post by Dougan »

Browning_grrl wrote:The whole fox-hunting thing is utterly foreign to me, so I can't have any valid opinion on it. But, how is this different from raising pheasants to be released and shot? (that practice is also unknown to me personally, all my hunting has always been done in the wild, but I do know such things happen in the UK, no? ) Please, no flaming. I ask out of ignorance, not malice. :)
Fair point, but the pheasant shoots are what they are; I don't agree with raising animals just to shoot them for sport, but they don't deceive anyone in their purpose or make up bull-s*** excuses for what they do...

...there's also quite a bit of politics involved in hunting over here; with fox hunters often perceived to be upper-class toffs who think they're above the law...which isn't far wrong sometimes.

And...Welcome to the forum cheers
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by 1066 »

Dougan wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/feb/ ... ralaffairs

So they say that there are too many foxes in the countryside, and that they're doing a 'pest control' service...

...and that it's the fault of people who feed them and the RSPCA for releasing injured ones...

...and now we find out that the hypocritical b****** have been breeding them just to hunt and kill them; which has, according to some sources, been going on for decades!
That's a lot of tosh from 2002.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Dougan

#6 Post by Dougan »

Les wrote:Strange, but the last I heard was that fox hunting was illegal in the UK, so ........................................ wtf ?
Exactly!

...but every time a hunt gets caught with a real fox, it always turns out to be an accident...they just happened to bump into a fox while 'drag-bagging' and couldn't stop the hounds...
Dougan

#7 Post by Dougan »

1066 wrote:
Dougan wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/feb/ ... ralaffairs

That's a lot of tosh from 2002.
My father reckons it's been going on since he was a boy, and that's a lot further back than that...

...and my uncle said he saw foxes sometimes being 'handicapped' when released to make it easier for the hunt.

And btw: The story I posted is an old one, but this has only resurfaced in the press again today (on the BBC) due to a recent bust with 14 fox cubs being recovered.
Chuck

#8 Post by Chuck »

And btw: The story I posted is an old one, but this has only resurfaced in the press again today (on the BBC) due to a recent bust with 14 fox cubs being recovered.
So there's actually no proof this is happening today then, just some hysteria creating mischief by the press - who would have guessed they would do that eh.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Dougan

#9 Post by Dougan »

Chuck wrote:
So there's actually no proof this is happening today then, just some hysteria creating mischief by the press - who would have guessed they would do that eh.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33098202

...and I'm sorry, I did get my facts wrong...it was 16 cubs not 14.
Chuck

#10 Post by Chuck »

Don't get me wrong Dougan, I am against that sort of thing ..BUT

The images were filmed by the League Against Cruel Sports, which alleges that the cubs were being raised to be hunted.

So there's no proof they were being raised for hunting, just an allegation by LACS.

.BTW, I was remarking on the 13 year old story that I assume has been regurgitated to wind up the public in the full knowledge it is an OLD story and has no bearing on this report (BBC, LACS - yeah real credible I don't think).

oh if they WERE being raised for hunting then whoever is responsible is one sick person!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!