Post A Photo Of Your Pistols (Pre Handgun Ban).

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Chuck

Re: Post A Photo Of Your Pistols (Pre Handgun Ban).

#11 Post by Chuck »

Legally owned by the missus green55 green55 ..plus a stack of genuine Beretta mags and a Crimson Trace laser grip.. razz razz
YAVUZ16 aka Beretta 9mm.jpg
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
ordnance

#12 Post by ordnance »

[quote="Chuck"]Legally owned by the missus green55 green55 ..plus a stack of genuine Beretta mags and a Crimson Trace laser grip.. razz razz
[

I could post a few including my S&W 686 but living in the UK i doint want to tip David Nimrod over the edge. :) the missus doesn't like guns.
ordnance

#13 Post by ordnance »

Edit post.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#14 Post by bradaz11 »

ordnance wrote:
ordnance wrote:
Chuck wrote:Legally owned by the missus green55 green55 ..plus a stack of genuine Beretta mags and a Crimson Trace laser grip.. razz razz

I could post a few including my S&W 686 but living in the UK i doint want to tip David Nimrod over the edge. :) PS the missus doesn't like guns.
I can post some of mine too, but not pre ban
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#15 Post by David Nimrod »

bradaz11 wrote:
I read that as reminding himself the pain is necessary, not the ban
Exactly...

Never forget what political expediency can do aaarggh
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#16 Post by David Nimrod »

ordnance wrote:
I could post a few including my S&W 686 but living in the UK i doint want to tip David Nimrod over the edge. :)
I do really miss the 686 revolvers... the motherlode of handguns
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#17 Post by Lever357 »

Why was it necessary?......it didn't stop criminals getting handguns.[/quote]

Wasn't the ban a knee jerk reaction by the Labour party after the Dunblane shootings??? As others have said, since the handgun ban, crime involving hand guns has increased. I had trouble explaining this to an ex colleague recently, I really think she thought that criminals used to go to gunshops to buy their handguns!!!!
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#18 Post by Dark Skies »

Sadly no pictures of any of my pistols - didn't think to take any. Why would I? I had the real thing in my hand and thought that'd always be the case.

I really miss my Webley Mk IV, perhaps more than any of the others (and I had lots of really lovely guns).
I even had the original Webley box it came in. I bought it off plod for £50 - sent my FAC off in the post and back it came with the pistol.
There was something pleasingly olde worlde charming about that one pistol. Maybe because it broke like an old cap gun and reminded me of my childhood.

Are kids even allowed to own cap guns any more? As a child no street would be without kids loudly playing cowboys and Indians - or competing with each other to have the most absurdly long penknife with the most sharp thingy-doodads for removing horses from stuff. :)
Remember the days when a kid could buy a huge penknife off one of those display cards that held them in place with laccy bands and the shopkeep just took the money without so much as a raised eyebrow? You could even buy Gat dart / pellet pistols in Woolies.

Strewth this country is crap now. We've lost so many simple pleasures for the illusion of safety.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Robert303
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms Scotland. Full voting HBSA member

#19 Post by Robert303 »

I hope the photos come out. The one of my collection is fairly poor. The 9mm was a Bernadelli PO18, I still have some of the Webleys but the last fullbore pistol I handed in was my favourite S&W 566 bought in 1986 for £308 surrendered 22nd Sep 97 for £300. I had shot it on the last detail of the European 1500 Championships. The first 1500 I had ever entered but I entered it to wind up my local Police force.
Attachments
ServiceBJPG.jpg
My PistolsJPG.jpg
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#20 Post by Pete »

Do I see a Margolin .22LR bottom left ?.............my first pistol, £24 in a fitted wooden box with loads of bits, 2 magazines, barrel weights, springs etc. even a can of oil.

Dear dead days...........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....