Post A Photo Of Your Pistols (Pre Handgun Ban).

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Post A Photo Of Your Pistols (Pre Handgun Ban).

#41 Post by Pete »

Thanks for posting that link.........at the time, I felt that there was something very wrong about how this tragedy was presented, and the subsequent action taken by government. Having read the bit about 100 year classification of the evidence, I'm now convinced.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#42 Post by Gazoo »

Wrong ? Wrong? It stinks to high heaven and was SO dodgy that any decent pressure group should have been all over it like white on rice but they let it go. No doubt obe/ cbe and knighthoods abounded that year.
The whole thing with senior ( mason ?) officers over ruling the sgt who wanted to refuse hime was white washed. Where was these mp over sight commitees then ???? They spend months grilling business men when a chain of shops close but when deviants are given a free ride by seniir coppers who then presumably retire early with no penalty ....where are our representatives????
Alea Jacta Est
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#43 Post by David Nimrod »

Gazoo wrote:
Wrong ? Wrong? It stinks to high heaven and was SO dodgy that any decent pressure group should have been all over it...
Indeed... but as I remember there was a collective 'losing of nerve', and the moment passed, while the other 'Pressure Group(s)' whined on about 'oh, think of the children'... aaarggh

Who knows if the whole sorry mess was a set up, to justify exactly what happened, i.e. the theft of citizens legally held property..?
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
Chuck

#44 Post by Chuck »

Who knows if the whole sorry mess was a set up, to justify exactly what happened, i.e. the theft of citizens legally held property..?
Judging by the cover ups one could assume so....... :twisted:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Robert303
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms Scotland. Full voting HBSA member

#45 Post by Robert303 »

There were TWO big issues:-
1) Hamilton was dead
2) There was a General Election coming up with both sides desperate to win.

Hamilton alive would have meant cries for the Death Penalty / Life sentences that were life etc etc
After a General election would have led to tighter laws but no ban or a partial ban on say Semi Autos

Hamilton knew what he was doing hurting the parents by killing the children and screwing the shooting community into the bargain.
The Senior Police officers who should have rescinded his FAC were scared Hamilton would take them to court and that they might lose. If they lost it would look bad on their annual report and would damage their promotion prospects. The irony is that if they had gone to court and lost they would have been off the hook and the judge would have had to leave the country for his / her own safety.