Fantastic Day at Otterburn

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Fantastic Day at Otterburn

#1 Post by Lever357 »

As per title, great day at Otterburn today despite the -5 temp this morning!
Attachments
20170206_093659.jpg
20170206_132038.jpg
20170206_124610.jpg
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Fantastic Day at Otterburn

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Wow a civvie club actually managed to get their booking at Otterburn honoured, that's a red letter day before you've even pulled a trigger! shakeshout
DVC
GarethM
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: St Georges RPC and Tyne Valley (both using Ponteland Range)

#3 Post by GarethM »

Have been a few times recently with Tyne Valley. Cancellations seem to be the exception rather than the norm now. Though we tend to go mid-week and there is always military presence...
No matter how much you push the envelope,
it will always remain stationary.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Wow, was that you engaging steels with a lever action, that must be immense fun. :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Chuck

#5 Post by Chuck »

:good: :good: :good:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#6 Post by Lever357 »

Blackstuff wrote:Wow a civvie club actually managed to get their booking at Otterburn honoured, that's a red letter day before you've even pulled a trigger! shakeshout
We have a good relationship apparently with the bookings officer and have managed three shoots at Otterburn in the last 12 months with no cancellations; the last two have been during the week but as I'm self employed I make sure I have the time off!
Ovenpaa wrote:Wow, was that you engaging steels with a lever action, that must be immense fun. :good:
It certainly was immense fun Ovenpaa, so much so I wished I'd been doing it all again today!! We had two drop downs we could fire at from the point we were at, one at 100 yards and the other at 200 and the lever action managed both with no problem. That's not actually me in the photo, but it was my friends first time firing a lever action and I think he's now converted! Of course he's been spoilt by using my Uberti which everybody says has the smoothest action of any lever gun they have ever shot! Trumpet blow own, why not ha ha!!
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#7 Post by redcat »

Lever357 wrote: my Uberti which everybody says has the smoothest action of any lever gun they have ever shot!
They haven't tried the Chiappa 1892 then? ;)

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.