I need to test something nothing to do with shooting

Testing 1,2,3 Testing - If you want to test how to post this is the place.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: I need to test something nothing to do with shooting

#31 Post by Alpha1 »

I have a mobile phone I have had it 18 month I have no idea what the number is. I have only ever rang one of three people on it I think. I don't know how any of the apps work and I don't want to. I do know how to navigate to the tethering screen The internet reception is brilliant 4g I run two ipads of it at work and I can run all the stuff in the house off it no problem. I only got it so I can access the internet on any of my devices any were. When its not been used for tethering its normally switched off or I just leave it on the windowsill of my office at work.
Christel
Site Admin

#32 Post by Christel »

Not a happy bunny me ****

Went to get some serial numbers off some rifles yesterday and when I came back to my machine it had a black screen and was "updating".
Fine I thought, I'll do what I need to do on my other machine.

Eventually the "update" was done and I came down to a black screen with the words "upgrading"

My heart sank.

So despite me clicking NO to an upgrade on several occasions the system went ahead and did it when I had my back turned, very likely I missed the "we are upgrading now and if you do not want to then please press this button" sign which is wtf useless when I am not in front of the machine!!!

Printers were out of whack. I am sure I will see more funny episodes of things not working today. 5mith
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#33 Post by safetyfirst »

If it helps you feel better, I've upgraded to 10 on my windows machine and have found it easier to manage than 8 and a tad faster.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#34 Post by HALODIN »

Who said you can't polish a turd! :D
safetyfirst wrote:If it helps you feel better, I've upgraded to 10 on my windows machine and have found it easier to manage than 8 and a tad faster.
Christel
Site Admin

#35 Post by Christel »

safetyfirst wrote:If it helps you feel better, I've upgraded to 10 on my windows machine and have found it easier to manage than 8 and a tad faster.
Nope... lol wtf
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#36 Post by safetyfirst »

Lol. I'm a Mac and Linux user, the Windows PC is a gaming console.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#37 Post by HALODIN »

They've all got their weaknesses. Linux e-mail is far too basic and no iTunes support is a huge problem. The Mac is inflexible and not as intuitive as the boing/iPad or Mac users would have you believe... Don't take that as support for MS, but it's better than just a gaming console.
safetyfirst wrote:Lol. I'm a Mac and Linux user, the Windows PC is a gaming console.
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#38 Post by WelshShooter »

The Mac UI is laughable at best, I've never enjoyed using Pages, Keynote or Numbers because the menu's and icons are non-intuitive compared with Word, Excel and Powerpoint. The one saving grace that Mac's have is their hardware is quite durable (in my experience). I used to work for a company that made semiconductor devices, all the "cheaper" laptop/computer manufacturers bought the cheapest product available whereas Apple used to pay a premium for the automotive versions because they had much less defects and generally had more consistent performance.

As mentioned in a previous post, I've been using my personal Apple MacBook for 7 years and it still runs really smooth. I've used multiple different Windows based laptops (Toshiba, Sony, Acer etc.) and there's always been hardware failures sooner or later. Compared with Windows 7, OSX isn't that great, but I do found OSX to run much better than XP ever did.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#39 Post by safetyfirst »

christel wrote:
Nope... lol wtf
Lol, sorry, hope you get over the upgrade soon.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#40 Post by safetyfirst »

HALODIN wrote:They've all got their weaknesses. Linux e-mail is far too basic and no iTunes support is a huge problem. The Mac is inflexible and not as intuitive as the boing/iPad or Mac users would have you believe... Don't take that as support for MS, but it's better than just a gaming console.
safetyfirst wrote:Lol. I'm a Mac and Linux user, the Windows PC is a gaming console.
take a look at the new geary email client for Linux and don't forget thunderbird!