Look away Purists

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Look away Purists

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I had been considering different trigger options for my project FN Mauser Ersatz Sniper including stoning down the original and fitting a PH alternative however Robert Chombart heard of my predicament and volunteered a prototype/testing CG Model 21 trigger which arrived today and here it is fitted. The modern looking finger rail and blade will be replaced with a more traditional tactical/curved steel trigger blade and with some very simple in-letting it dropped straight into the stock. The difference is like night and day, instead of a pull of around 5kgs I am now under 1kg pull with a superbly crisp two stage trigger. I will set up once I have replaced the blade.

It is getting closer to completion, next job is pillars front and back and bend the bolt handle down to clear the underside of the 'scope and it should be good to go.
CG Trigger.jpg
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Look away Purists

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

aaarggh
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Other than a slight lengthening of the hole in the trigger guard where the blade will come through it will be all but impossible to tell this from the original trigger until you pull the trigger which will be set correctly once the curved black trigger blade is fitted.

Yes I know it is not original however the difference between this and the original is like night and day.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
RDC

#4 Post by RDC »

If you get pleasure from it then that is all that matters.
Hunter87

#5 Post by Hunter87 »

RDC wrote:If you get pleasure from it then that is all that matters.
Even lady boys?

any????
RDC

#6 Post by RDC »

I've seen some that are more feminine than half the lasses wandering round on a night out!
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#7 Post by Dellboy »

I have a less than original No 4 which now looks tidy and has a scope on it ,some guys were shooting there imaculate 'proper ' No 4 and similar and i was waiting for the side ways glance and chuckle but was pleasantly suprised when it seemed to get a good response and as one guy said 'its doing what it was made for, shooting'
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.