Salisbury Plain with the FCSA

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

ChrisB
Home club or Range: URC

Salisbury Plain with the FCSA

#1 Post by ChrisB »

That was a cracking day. Big thanks to Robin(?) for putting on a superb shoot. Chilled and efficient. FCSA crowd being their normal p*** taking, helpful, generous selves. Love it.
Paper Assassin
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Salisbury Plain with the FCSA

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

No pictures? :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
DOGGER2UK
Site Supporter Since 2019

#3 Post by DOGGER2UK »

MOD land...Restricted Area...Official Secrets act = No pictures
It ain't me.
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Really?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
DOGGER2UK

#5 Post by DOGGER2UK »

I can tell you with 100% certainty that it is illegal to take photos on or of any MOD property which includes land, buildings, vehicles and aircraft as well as personnel as it breaches the military lands act 1892 and is in direct contravention of the official secrets act .

The Secretary and Chairman of the FCSA put in a lot of time and effort to gain access to these ranges,it wold be a shame to lose this for the sake of a few pictures.
Had the identity of the range not been named in the title of the post then you may get away with it. but its still a question of when you decide to break the law of the land!
It ain't me.
Mgi
Home club or Range: Wareham Gun Club

#6 Post by Mgi »

It is also clearly stated in FCSA rules

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

I was not asking anyone to break the law and there are numerous photographs of MoD ranges on UK club sites. I am sure there are many people who would be interested to see how things are run at such meetings. There seems to be An aura of the unknown and exclusive within 50 cal shooting so some information and pictures would have been nice

No matter, I was only curious.
/d

Shed Journal
DOGGER2UK

#8 Post by DOGGER2UK »

Sadly the aura of the unknown and exclusive within the 50 cal is Home Office lead. You may only shoot a 50 cal rifle if 1 you own it (and its on your firearms licence) or 2 you have the details of the 50 cal rifle you want to shoot entered onto your fac.( so if you do not possess a fac you cant shoot 50 for example as a club probationer)
The FCSA are talking to the Home Office about this and the Secretary will be able to give you more details
A day out with the FCSA is well worth the time. To see a 50 cal tracer hitting a target at 3000 mtrs is impressive,not to mention the shock of the muzzle blast the noise et all.

I am sure that you were not asking anyone to break the law and agree that there are many pics on the internet of shooting on MOD ranges. I would just like to ask people who use MOD ranges to respect the rules.
It ain't me.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#9 Post by snayperskaya »

Mgi wrote:It is also clearly stated in FCSA rules

Sent from my boing using "An application"
The same with ODRC that also shoots MOD ranges with the FCSA
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

DOGGER2UK wrote:Sadly the aura of the unknown and exclusive within the 50 cal is Home Office lead. You may only shoot a 50 cal rifle if 1 you own it (and its on your firearms licence) or 2 you have the details of the 50 cal rifle you want to shoot entered onto your fac.( so if you do not possess a fac you cant shoot 50 for example as a club probationer)
I assume you mean an open slot for a 12,7x99/50BMG or similar as opposed to a specifically named rifle? I currently have an open slot for a 14,7mm/.580" that I intend to fill at some point this year however I am not sure where to shoot it yet.
/d

Shed Journal