Salisbury Plain with the FCSA

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Salisbury Plain with the FCSA

#21 Post by snayperskaya »

DaveT wrote:Now that I have seen the picture and that muzzle brake I know who had me eating lumps of Salisbury plain as I fired my little 338 Lap Mag next door to you lol!
Sadly it isn't mine Comrade, I wish it was!!!. I have seen a PTRD fired at Sennybridge, the boom and huge green tracer was impossible to miss.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#22 Post by Maggot »

snayperskaya wrote:
DaveT wrote:Now that I have seen the picture and that muzzle brake I know who had me eating lumps of Salisbury plain as I fired my little 338 Lap Mag next door to you lol!
Sadly it isn't mine Comrade, I wish it was!!!. I have seen a PTRD fired at Sennybridge, the boom and huge green tracer was impossible to miss.
I bet.

Did the sceptics not fit a .50 barrel to one of these for experiments in the long range sniper duels in Korea? :o
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#23 Post by snayperskaya »

Maggot wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:
I bet.

Did the sceptics not fit a .50 barrel to one of these for experiments in the long range sniper duels in Korea? :o
They did indeed, apparently it was effective out to around 1800m.

There is also a guy in the States that has converted one to 20mm using a machined Vulcan cannon barrel which can be swapped out for the original 14.5mm barrel.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

ChrisB
Home club or Range: URC

#24 Post by ChrisB »

Anyway, I would still like to say thanks to Robin for a good day. Honestly, in a simple post, we have managed to insinuate that a club is breaking MoD rules, bigged up a Russian pop gun and failed to encourage a bloke called Dave to shoot larger calibers anytime soon.

Sweet.
Paper Assassin
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#25 Post by snayperskaya »

ChrisB wrote:Anyway, I would still like to say thanks to Robin for a good day. Honestly, in a simple post, we have managed to insinuate that a club is breaking MoD rules, bigged up a Russian pop gun and failed to encourage a bloke called Dave to shoot larger calibers anytime soon.

Sweet.

As Russian pop guns go they don't get much bigger than a PTRD.....unless it's artillery!. ussrflag

Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#26 Post by Maggot »

ChrisB wrote:Anyway, I would still like to say thanks to Robin for a good day. Honestly, in a simple post, we have managed to insinuate that a club is breaking MoD rules, bigged up a Russian pop gun and failed to encourage a bloke called Dave to shoot larger calibers anytime soon.

Sweet.
Your problem being bignose..... green55

Look mate, its only cos I have less time and money to spend on noisy things I am not with you...having to depend on the charity of Mr Mason occasionally.

(Who as it goes is going to do a presentation for my ACF unit in June about large calibre long range rifles....they will love it, although we don't think he will get any sales form the Haribo munching tyrants!! wtf )

Funny things kids...feed them sugar and take cover, like a bunch of overly articulated wasps!! lol
ChrisB
Home club or Range: URC

#27 Post by ChrisB »

Maggot wrote:

Sweet.

Look mate, its only cos I have less time and money to spend on noisy things I am not with you...having to depend on the charity of Mr Mason occasionally.

(Who as it goes is going to do a presentation for my ACF unit in June about large calibre long range rifles....they will love it, although we don't think he will get any sales form the Haribo munching tyrants!! wtf )

Funny things kids...feed them sugar and take cover, like a bunch of overly articulated wasps!! lol
Glad your back on here Chris green55
Paper Assassin
M99
Home club or Range: FCSA(UK)

#28 Post by M99 »

Maggot wrote:

Sweet.

What date in June? He will be in the USA with us for then end of June!
polemass
Home club or Range: NRA Shooting Club Bisley

#29 Post by polemass »

snayperskaya wrote:As Russian pop guns go they don't get much bigger than a PTRD.....unless it's artillery!.
Years ago I was reading/+pics about Chechen War and I can not remember how long barrel was but some self made anti helicopter rifles were used by rebels against Mi24... troutslapping
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#30 Post by snayperskaya »

polemass wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:As Russian pop guns go they don't get much bigger than a PTRD.....unless it's artillery!.
Years ago I was reading/+pics about Chechen War and I can not remember how long barrel was but some self made anti helicopter rifles were used by rebels against Mi24... troutslapping
The Chechen rebels were pretty handy at knocking up allsorts of homebrewed weaponry.....they became quite adept at knocking up submachine guns etc out of scrap metal.