NTTC Class July 2016

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

Re: NTTC Class July 2016

#21 Post by Kungfugerbil »

Gits.

Have a cracking time :)

Lots of pics and vids please if you can!
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#22 Post by TattooedGun »

bradaz11 wrote:Awesome. I haven't started lol. What time you getting in?
23:15, so I think you'll be waiting around for me :p
Kungfugerbil wrote:Gits.

Have a cracking time :)

Lots of pics and vids please if you can!
As always :D
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#23 Post by bradaz11 »

well the weekend was a blast!! had such a fun time, they even had £1 cider :)

first day was pistols, learning basic stance, and positions to hold the glocks. then how to draw and reholster safely. how to cock, reload and check the gun, how to pass it loaded and unloaded. some stoppage drills too, plus of course, the shooting of it lollol

next day was onto rifles, how to sling it, how to shoulder, then a repeat of what we did with the glock which transfered to the rifles nicely. stoppage drills were slightly different. and again, the shooting cheers

we then did some 2 gun style, or what Yves call Parkour shooting against the clock....

1st run....
failed run, watch to the end....
fumbled first rifle load, 2nd rifle struggled to removed mag, then strap caught on table. reloaded rifle, fired one round, fail to fire. 'tap rack'. fail to fire, trigger offered no resistance. but tap racked again, after checking safety, still no trigger. official verdict? f*** :) rerun stage.

2nd run....
65 seconds. 4 misses. Giving a total time, 80 seconds. 2nd place. (1st place was 78 seconds, with 3rd at 88 seconds)

6 rounds in magazine, 3 targets 1, 1, 2, 1, 1. load and fire, racked correctly this time.

3 shots in loaded pistol, double tap centre mass, 1 headshot. (missed headshot. just clipped top of target.

pick up rifle, 3 shots to centre mass on furthest target, take rifle to pistol, smoothe mag change this time.

pick up pistol, load, 2 left hand targets, double tap on each. one miss.

take rifle to 3rd position, minding strap on table, reload, 3 targets, double tap centre mass on each. 2nd target was total miss, one shot low left, other was headshot so counted as a miss.

3rd shorter run

45 seconds. 2 misses (including the fail to fire on pistol) giving total time of 51 seconds. 3rd place. (1st place was 48, joint 2nd for two guys was 50 sec)

3 rounds in rifle, centre mass. Rifle in random state so have to engage target without racking. all on target, but incorrect cocking technique on rifle.

move with rifle to pistol. 4 rounds in pistol, double tap 2 targets. fail to fire on first round so had to rerack - ejecting a round. 1 target had 1 hit, other target had 2, but one was a miss.

leave pistol, move to 3rd position, reload rifle, double tap first target, then 2nd, then 3rd. all centre mass. no misses.

can't wait for the next one
BTW on the long stage I beat Froggy and tattoedgun, then on the short stage, because of the fail to fire, i missed out on 1st place, it was Froggy and tattoedgun that beat me by a second in joint 2nd place

all the guys were also very jealous of my GF, as she got to play with these, and they didn't
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#24 Post by shugie »

bradaz11 wrote:well the weekend was a blast!! had such a fun time, they even had £1 cider :)

first day was pistols, learning basic stance, and positions to hold the glocks. then how to draw and reholster safely. how to cock, reload and check the gun, how to pass it loaded and unloaded. some stoppage drills too, plus of course, the shooting of it lollol

next day was onto rifles, how to sling it, how to shoulder, then a repeat of what we did with the glock which transfered to the rifles nicely. stoppage drills were slightly different. and again, the shooting cheers

we then did some 2 gun style, or what Yves call Parkour shooting against the clock....

1st run....
failed run, watch to the end....
fumbled first rifle load, 2nd rifle struggled to removed mag, then strap caught on table. reloaded rifle, fired one round, fail to fire. 'tap rack'. fail to fire, trigger offered no resistance. but tap racked again, after checking safety, still no trigger. official verdict? f*** :) rerun stage.

2nd run....
65 seconds. 4 misses. Giving a total time, 80 seconds. 2nd place. (1st place was 78 seconds, with 3rd at 88 seconds)

6 rounds in magazine, 3 targets 1, 1, 2, 1, 1. load and fire, racked correctly this time.

3 shots in loaded pistol, double tap centre mass, 1 headshot. (missed headshot. just clipped top of target.

pick up rifle, 3 shots to centre mass on furthest target, take rifle to pistol, smoothe mag change this time.

pick up pistol, load, 2 left hand targets, double tap on each. one miss.

take rifle to 3rd position, minding strap on table, reload, 3 targets, double tap centre mass on each. 2nd target was total miss, one shot low left, other was headshot so counted as a miss.

3rd shorter run

45 seconds. 2 misses (including the fail to fire on pistol) giving total time of 51 seconds. 3rd place. (1st place was 48, joint 2nd for two guys was 50 sec)

3 rounds in rifle, centre mass. Rifle in random state so have to engage target without racking. all on target, but incorrect cocking technique on rifle.

move with rifle to pistol. 4 rounds in pistol, double tap 2 targets. fail to fire on first round so had to rerack - ejecting a round. 1 target had 1 hit, other target had 2, but one was a miss.

leave pistol, move to 3rd position, reload rifle, double tap first target, then 2nd, then 3rd. all centre mass. no misses.

can't wait for the next one
BTW on the long stage I beat Froggy and tattoedgun, then on the short stage, because of the fail to fire, i missed out on 1st place, it was Froggy and tattoedgun that beat me by a second in joint 2nd place

all the guys were also very jealous of my GF, as she got to play with these, and they didn't
Looks like great fun, that collection at the bottom looks rather familiar, might need to check up later in the year, depending on what the pound vs euro does.
Careful now/that sort of thing
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#25 Post by bradaz11 »

Tbh. The difference in exchange rate after brexit amounted to about twenty pounds
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns