Sennybridge today

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Sennybridge today

#1 Post by snayperskaya »

Had a cracking day today at Sennybridge F Range, despite getting soaked early on it cleared up and turned out quite nice.Managed to hit the 900m target with the Dragunov, despite shooting unsupported and using Hungarian tracer meant for LMGs and also hit it with the old '39 Mosin with the ironsights! ......but then had a go with WelshShooter's 6.5x47 AI-stocked Remy and that thing made 900m shooting very easy!.To say it is an accurate rifle is an understatement, especially with the IOR scope and Daves excellent handloads, so thank you Dave for a memorable day :good:. obviously to the people that shoot this type of rifle all the time it's probably not a big deal but for me it was a revelation as I've only ever shot milsurp 54r at Sennybridge and my old Russian scope is only a 4x24 and cranking the IOR up to 18x was an eye-opener as to how nice these modern scopes are......and don't get me started on Daves binoculars!!! :o

As much as I like my traditional Russian rifles after shooting Daves rifle I do need feel a need for a precision rifle to complement them as it was very satisfying to drop a target at that range with ease and the 6.5x47 seems a lovely round to shoot.

All in all a fun day was had by all goodjob
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

Re: Sennybridge today

#2 Post by WelshShooter »

snayperskaya wrote:Had a cracking day today at Sennybridge F Range, despite getting soaked early on it cleared up and turned out quite nice.Managed to hit the 900m target with the Dragunov, despite shooting unsupported and using Hungarian tracer meant for LMGs and also hit it with the old '39 Mosin with the ironsights! ......but then had a go with WelshShooter's 6.5x47 AI-stocked Remy and that thing made 900m shooting very easy!.To say it is an accurate rifle is an understatement, especially with the IOR scope and Daves excellent handloads, so thank you Dave for a memorable day :good:. obviously to the people that shoot this type of rifle all the time it's probably not a big deal but for me it was a revelation as I've only ever shot milsurp 54r at Sennybridge and my old Russian scope is only a 4x24 and cranking the IOR up to 18x was an eye-opener as to how nice these modern scopes are......and don't get me started on Daves binoculars!!! :o

As much as I like my traditional Russian rifles after shooting Daves rifle I do need feel a need for a precision rifle to complement them as it was very satisfying to drop a target at that range with ease and the 6.5x47 seems a lovely round to shoot.

All in all a fun day was had by all goodjob
One question... Who's Dave lol

Glad you had a good time, I had a blast too (pardon the pun). I'm glad I finally got to shoot a Mosina which has been on my list of rifle's I've wanted to shoot for a long time. It wasn't as hard kicking as is made out to be and i was surprised how accurate it was (although I suspect that the bedding you did made all the difference).
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#3 Post by snayperskaya »

Oh my days!......where did I get Dave from??? helpsign

Sorry Rich, you'd think I'd remember as we are both called Richard! kukkuk I can only say it's been a long day today especially as I was up at 5am this morning after only four and a half hours kip!.

Glad you liked the Mosina mate, next time out I'll bring the 1926 ex-Dragoon for you to try :good:

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#4 Post by WelshShooter »

I think it's cause I told you the rifle was built by Dave at Valkyrie Rifle's. He definitely gets the credit for building a great rifle but I should get the credit for the handloads haha.

Very good, I'll welcome more mosins to try. I'll get some heavy hitting 8mm Mauser loaded up for next time!
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#5 Post by snayperskaya »

I think the rain might have addled me noggin as well!.On a serious note as I was typing my original post I was thinking that I need to call my brother, called Dave, and probably typed Dave without really thinking.....happens a lot now I've hit 45!. :p

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Sounds like a great day. The 6,5x47 is a superb cartridge and it is surprisingly difficult to develop a bad load for it, I have tried a few different powders in mine and they all shoot superbly with the 123 grain Scenar or the 129 grain Interlock (My Vermin load)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mgi
Home club or Range: Wareham Gun Club

#7 Post by Mgi »

Was good to meet you snayperskaya! Was a great day despite weather :)

See you next time!

Sent from my boing using "An application"
snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#8 Post by snayperskaya »

Mgi wrote:Was good to meet you snayperskaya! Was a great day despite weather :)

See you next time!

And you mate :good:, to be fair the weather wasn't bad for Sennybridge!.

Edit....sorry mate, was it you that was shooting the No.4T and the Mosin sniper and asked me about the Dragunov?.

Mgi
Home club or Range: Wareham Gun Club

#9 Post by Mgi »

snayperskaya wrote:
Mgi wrote: Edit....sorry mate, was it you that was shooting the No.4T and the Mosin sniper and asked me about the Dragunov?.
Sorry - not me - we had a chat hiding from the rain :)

Cheers
M

snayperskaya
Past Supporter

#10 Post by snayperskaya »

Mgi wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:
Mgi wrote: Edit....sorry mate, was it you that was shooting the No.4T and the Mosin sniper and asked me about the Dragunov?.
Sorry - not me - we had a chat hiding from the rain :)

Cheers
M

You've got the other Dragunov?......I must be getting old as I can't remember who's who that I spoke to! kukkuk