January 2017, Pistols Shooting Week-end

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

January 2017, Pistols Shooting Week-end

#1 Post by froggy »

Just to let you kown, I'll be organising a pistol shooting week-end for some members of my UK club in the Czech Republic the 7th & 8th of January 2017. I have room for 2 or 3, so your guys, are more than welcome to join us :good:

- This is not a " tactical / dynamic /NTTC " class (*), but a week-end where a stack of various models of hand-guns (**) in different calibers , from 22lr to 45ACP, will be available to you to shoot to your absolute heart content.

- We will shoot on a 25 yards range . There will be static targets, moving/advancing targets and, depending on the range activity, probably also gongs and some SA assault rifle taster.

- No tuition per se, but a qualified instructor (***) will be present to act as a RO & will be available, should you want, to help you or give you tips to improve your skills.

The cost is €.200/day. (€.400 /£.360 @ totday's exchange rate) - Once you step of the plane, that will include absolutely everything : airport transfers, accomodation & food , loan of all the weapons and 200 rounds of 9x18 per day (400 in total).

Most airlines fly to Prague & at that period of the year, budget Cies cost around £ 100/return.

Extra ammo will be available at Czech club prices, ie : a fraction of UK prices) . For exemple, you will be able to start & train with 22lr at close to nothing prices, then blast your "free 9mm" and maybe shoot some "extras" in the calibers of your choice.

We will be staying half way between Prague city center & the range to enable an optional "Prague evening" for those who do not wish to have dinner at the hotel. Typically we'll have a quick walk in town followed by a traditional dinner in an old Czech beer-hall. This usually works out £.20/25 per head with copious amount of beer including the shared cab ride back to the hotel.

So, if you are a complete novice who fancy trying shooting "real" pistols in "real" calibers or an experience shooter wanting to tune your existing skills, this is probably the cheapest way to go about it (and that includes going to the US, I know I've done it).

(*) One is planned later on in 2017,
(**) If there is a hand-gun or a rifle you especially want/must/have to try, I'll try my best to make it available.
(***) to comply with local laws & enable non-residents to shoot,
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

Re: January 2017, Pistols Shooting Week-end

#2 Post by shugie »

Very tempted, will be negotiating with SWIMBO about this.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#3 Post by Nelly2014 »

Same for me Yves.
Nice pic of my fat paw after I blasted the paper jihadi btw shakeshout
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#4 Post by froggy »

O:-) I think you got him right & proper and that he won't be bothering us decent folks anymore ;)

BTW the date has changed to the WE of the 14/15th Jan. There is also a NTTC class in the pipe-line later on if you want to concider that instead ?
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/