What to do on a rainy WE ?

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

What to do on a rainy WE ?

#1 Post by froggy »

Go shooting O:-) !!!

Happiness is of course a bag full of toys ...

but especially, please dont tell my wife, getting a chance to finally getting acquainted with my new rifle :good:

74 is Bulgarian and now that she lives abroad , she really fancied a new little black number like that very fashion-conscious Beryl... So next trip, she will be all pimped-up with something a tad more trendy, straight out of Poland, thanks to one of our FB member (a big dziekuje !!).
I very much like her slimmer frame and she'll look a absolute stunner with some Romanian folding heels and will be dead sexy with some Russian glasses ... O:-)
Cant wait !!

In the meantime , here she is, meeting & already making new friends with some of the older members of our little AK family and a Czech local.

Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

Re: What to do on a rainy WE ?

#2 Post by Kungfugerbil »

2 questions:

1. Is there a dummies guide to having your guns living abroad? and
2. What on Earth has swallowed the Glock bottom right :)

That's uncharacteristically figured wood on the 74 isn't it?!

Brill :)
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#3 Post by Les »

Grrrrr ................ rub it in why don'tcha, froggy!!! troutslapping
froggy
Past Supporter

#4 Post by froggy »

Where there is a will, there is a way ;) and actually you can very easily keep weapons abroad. All the serious competitors do it, even/especially in the US to avoid the hassle & paperwork. Some clubs offer that facility for more recreational shooters in France & Belgium where members of my UK club manage to do 1 day return trip quite frequently.
I keep mine in the Czech Rep where they are legally owned/registred by a shooting school. I am the sole user with a document stating they can not be impounded. Should I wish to dispose of them, the dealer will sell them locally on my behalf or to the buyer of my choice. His fee covers for storage, regular cleaning & maintenance as well as free monthly access to the range.

To be honnest I did have the chance to suffle through an entire pile of AK74, all brand new straight out of the Bulgarian army & those wood was by far the nicest I found. So it is not that common.

The Glock's frame is a German Herta one with a classic folding M4 stock. Herta claims it was developed for LEA but dont they all... Anyway, fitted with a red dot & Glock Hi-cap mags, it swings around & balances nicely and is mega fun :good: It's not mine & unfortunatly it is actually quite expensive, nearly the same price as a Makarov.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#5 Post by snayperskaya »

Very nice Tovarisch ussrflag

Are you getting a Romanian sidefolder for the 74?......she does look nice with the wood but I feel a set of Soviet plum polymer furniture would look very nice, especially with some matching plum mags

Also is that a Russian 7.62x39 drum mag I spy???

I too got some shooting done at the weekend and extolled the virtues of the SKS with my fellow shooters :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
froggy
Past Supporter

#6 Post by froggy »

Yep, Romanian side folder. I would have prefer a triangular one but it is the only one I can fit without altering the rifle. The drum mag is Chinese made . Cheaper and despite extensive skool abuse, no issues so far ;)

BTW, congratulations. I see Tovarich Snayperska well listen Tovarich Trostsky and well prepared Permanent Revolution :good:
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#7 Post by TattooedGun »

Bloody jealous!
I need some more shooting time.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#8 Post by snayperskaya »

froggy wrote:Yep, Romanian side folder. I would have prefer a triangular one but it is the only one I can fit without altering the rifle. The drum mag is Chinese made . Cheaper and despite extensive skool abuse, no issues so far ;)

BTW, congratulations. I see Tovarich Snayperska well listen Tovarich Trostsky and well prepared Permanent Revolution :good:
That drum mag is definitely either a Russian or Romanian top Loader by the looks of it, the Chinese drums load from the back and have a "key" on the front that is used to wind it up.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#9 Post by Sim G »

P1 or P38? Suspecting the P38 as I can't make out a steel lug in the frame. Either was on my bucket list.... m70 or 71 in the Beretta?

And frogging, seriously, no wheel-gun?!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
froggy
Past Supporter

#10 Post by froggy »

Soz Sim, it might well have been a P1 but in the end I did not even shoot it as I wanted to try the XDM vs the HS and anyway it's always very hard to put my CzP01 down :oops:

Actually, I know I could burn at stake for that but I am not too keen on wheel-guns . There will be some in january as a friend wants to shoot one, so I might have a pop.