Hello from Chesterfield

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

Deadeye18

Re: Hello from Chesterfield

#11 Post by Deadeye18 »

WelshShooter wrote:Ay oop my Chesterfield friend, welcome to the forum! A good friend in work hailed from Chesterfield before settling here in South Wales (at least it's not Lancashire right??) lol
Ay up WelshShooter so you found an escapee of ours eh,I visited south wales as a kid and remember it being very nice.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

Deadeye18 wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Hello Ovenpaa,I wondered if anyone from Chesterfield was on here,you're right it's a great town to live in,love it!I was born and raised in Holmewood and now live in Hasland on the outskirts of Chesterfield .Only problem we have here is there's 20 shooters for every field round here.
It is a great place, I lived up the top of Chatsworth Road for many years for the climbing and used to shoot shotgun at many grounds including Copper Beech which was always challenging. I still have family there and pop over quite often.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Deadeye18

#13 Post by Deadeye18 »

Rockhopper wrote:I work in Chesterfield and shoot at Staveley Rifle and Pistol Club.
Hello Rockhopper, I work in Chesterfield too at Buildbase just next to the donut roundabout.If your ever in there pop into the plumbing warehouse and say hello ill be the bloke working with a brew in his hand :good:
Deadeye18

#14 Post by Deadeye18 »

ozone wrote:.

I'm not from Chesterfield but I'm a member of the Chesterfield rifle club.
Welcome to the site and you never know, I might see you on a meet one Sunday.

Ozone

Cheers Ozone,yes one day you never know.
Rockhopper

#15 Post by Rockhopper »

Deadeye18 wrote:
Rockhopper wrote:I work in Chesterfield and shoot at Staveley Rifle and Pistol Club.
Hello Rockhopper, I work in Chesterfield too at Buildbase just next to the donut roundabout.If your ever in there pop into the plumbing warehouse and say hello ill be the bloke working with a brew in his hand :good:
I work in the old Derbyshire Times building which is about five minutes away from you!

Paul
Deadeye18

#16 Post by Deadeye18 »

Rockhopper wrote:
Deadeye18 wrote:
I work in the old Derbyshire Times building which is about five minutes away from you!

Paul
Blooming heck small world eh Paul
Deadeye18

#17 Post by Deadeye18 »

Ovenpaa wrote:
Deadeye18 wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Hello Ovenpaa,I wondered if anyone from Chesterfield was on here,you're right it's a great town to live in,love it!I was born and raised in Holmewood and now live in Hasland on the outskirts of Chesterfield .Only problem we have here is there's 20 shooters for every field round here.
It is a great place, I lived up the top of Chatsworth Road for many years for the climbing and used to shoot shotgun at many grounds including Copper Beech which was always challenging. I still have family there and pop over quite often.
Ah I bet you'll have been in the world's smallest gun shop at brampton then.Perfect for climbing I've got friends that go bouldering in the peak.I went once and got stuck :p
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

I called in to see Phil and his father at the Brampton gun room just a few weeks ago, I have known him for years. I was both impressed and disappointed when I visited last, it is all neat and tidy and all the interesting things have long since been binned or disposed of.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Deadeye18

#19 Post by Deadeye18 »

Not been in the gun rooms for a few years but the last time I went it looked like semi organised chaos!good though.Must be the only place in the uk where you can buy a gun and a new motor in one go!
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#20 Post by WelshShooter »

Deadeye18 wrote:
WelshShooter wrote:Ay oop my Chesterfield friend, welcome to the forum! A good friend in work hailed from Chesterfield before settling here in South Wales (at least it's not Lancashire right??) lol
Ay up WelshShooter so you found an escapee of ours eh,I visited south wales as a kid and remember it being very nice.
I spoke with my good friend, Mr. Nelson, who told me that he was born and raised in Grassmoor which is apparently the next village over to you at Hasland. He asked if you were married, and if you are, did you marry in the St. Mary's Church with the crooked steeple?