Short Range F-Class Targets

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
MrD

Short Range F-Class Targets

#1 Post by MrD »

Hi

I don't know if I am just being stupid here - certainly won't be the first (or the last) time.

We are looking to move to the Bisley F-Class targets and I have been trying to source plotting sheets. All of the sheets I can find imply that the distance between each scoring ring is approx. 0.25 MOA.

However, from the dimensions given in the 2016 Bisley Bible for F-Class targets (extract below, diameter in inches) my brain tells me that after the Bull, there is 0.5 MOA increments between each ring. Looking at the ICFRA F/TR dimensions they don't suggest 0.25 MOA increments either.

Distance 600yd
Aim 24
V-Bull 3
Bull 6
Inner 12
Magpie 18
Outer 24
Hit 30

I must be making some fundamental error in my reasoning here. Can someone please help me out?

Many thanks

Donald
Save it for a mammal who cares!

http://www.cawdorrifleandgunclub.co.uk/
The Gun Pimp

Re: Short Range F-Class Targets

#2 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Magpie? Inner? Outer? Meaningless in F Class!

But yes, forget ICFRA and work with a one MOA bull whatever the distance and half MOA scoring rings (V bull half MOA).

At Diggle we use unique targets for 200 and 300 yards but the 500 yard target doubles-up for 600 yards and, it seems acceptable to use the 1000 yard target for 800 & 900 yards.

Plotting sheets can be downloaded from the www.gbfclass.co.uk website.
MrD

#3 Post by MrD »

Many thanks

I have been turning this over in my head all weekend thinking that I must be going mad or that what I thought MOA meant was totally wrong aaarggh

rox

#4 Post by rox »

MrD wrote:We are looking to move to the Bisley F-Class targets and I have been trying to source plotting sheets. All of the sheets I can find imply that the distance between each scoring ring is approx. 0.25 MOA.
Another source of plot sheets in many formats for UK, Canada etc is available here.

DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#5 Post by DW58 »

All you needed to do was ask MrD - the matter is already in hand for CRGC.
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
MrD

#6 Post by MrD »

But, as I said NRA F/TR targets, not F-Class league ones!

Cheers rox, will use your link

DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#7 Post by DW58 »

MrD - I suspect you are getting somewhat confused - see my second e-mail.
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
MrD

#8 Post by MrD »

Confusion arises when people read what they think I wrote, instead of what I actually wrote :p