CSR Rifle Suitability

All types of competitive shooting including Bell Target, MR TR F/TR F Open, GR, Small Bore and BR

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
This section is for people who shoot or want to shoot in competitions and includes future events, how to get started, choice of rifle and calibres including wildcats, how to prepare for your competition, and of course how you did!
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: CSR Rifle Suitability

#51 Post by kennyc »

shugie wrote:I'm about 35 miles from Bisley, it's p*** it down, and I'm going to have my first go at CSR tomorrow afternoon. I may need a snorkel.
I would be more concerned about the forecast fog!
leeroy7031
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#52 Post by leeroy7031 »

shugie wrote:I'm about 35 miles from Bisley, it's p*** it down, and I'm going to have my first go at CSR tomorrow afternoon. I may need a snorkel.
Wish I was closer, 150 miles and a 04:00 start tomorrow. Forget the snorkel just waterproofs and good boots.... Can get a little water logged.

May see you there...
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#53 Post by Maggot »

Wont see you on this one, had a family bereavement in dec and my heart is not really in it. As it turns out it was a good call as shortly after cancelling I got this bloody awful cold that is going round.

I will miss it as they are bloody good events and I was looking forward to looking at Adam's new BAR22.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#54 Post by Mattnall »

Just check my Avatar, I couldn't move to the side and be allowed to shoot my target (both those shooters either side of me managed it though, b******). It was kneeling or squatting - I chose wisely I think.

I just pray to the god of Goretex.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
polemass
Home club or Range: NRA Shooting Club Bisley

#55 Post by polemass »

Well,it was okeish...weather wise-not my shooting :bad: I dropped from 75% to 50% performance/efficiency :squirrel: Two double feeds,steamed scope but managed to put 9 rounds at 200m at fig14...and EVERYBODY was pleased with my muzzle flash O:-) bring on February! clapclap
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#56 Post by shugie »

polemass wrote:Well,it was okeish...weather wise-not my shooting :bad: I dropped from 75% to 50% performance/efficiency :squirrel: Two double feeds,steamed scope but managed to put 9 rounds at 200m at fig14...and EVERYBODY was pleased with my muzzle flash O:-) bring on February! clapclap
Muzzle flash? If you were on target 60+ish I thought it was a flamethrower.

An interesting afternoon, I need to get more practice in, quite a lot more in fact.
Careful now/that sort of thing
Whizzbang

#57 Post by Whizzbang »

Some stills from a video of the guilty party:

polemass
Home club or Range: NRA Shooting Club Bisley

#58 Post by polemass »

:run:

PS1.I hope one day,one of the PM matches will be a "tracers party"...who knows,if we ask nicely...? shakeshout
PS2.February I will be selling shades,fake Ray Bans with discount...orders via pigeon post plz :wave:
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#59 Post by bradaz11 »

didn't realise you had a .22TCM polemass
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Mitch308
Home club or Range: KLSM and The Grove

#60 Post by Mitch308 »

[quote="Whizzbang"]Some stills from a video of the guilty party:

I was shooting in the lane to the right, I could feel the hot muzzle blast on my face at least it kept me nice and warm :)