EU gun ban - its happening!

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: EU gun ban - its happening!

#111 Post by GeeRam »

shugie wrote: Following the Munich shooting the Germans, or some Germans, seem to be suggesting their licensing system needs looking at. But as this chap had no licence, and his Glock had the serial numbers removed, I'd hazard a guess it was an illegal weapon brought into Germany by someone using the Schengen free movement arrangement.
That pertinent fact will be/is being ignored by the politicians of course.
toffe wrapper

#112 Post by toffe wrapper »

Academia does not experience Europe the same as the rest of the country. Their jobs are not at risk from immigration, their wages are not driven down by it either.
If fact it is that class of British person who benefits from free movement of labour. I do not see any British lorry drivers being recruited to work in Poland or British Security guards working in Romania. Chemists, teachers etc. I do see come & go a lot. I have worked in security, Construction & driving 3 industries massively affected by immigration. Wages have been forced down terms & conditions eroded & if you complain you are easily replaced by a immigrant.

As for the gun ban coming by the time we move it through parliament article 50 will have been invoked and we will be on our way.

green55 Europe
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#113 Post by dromia »

Yep self serving vested interest "to hell with you Jack I'm alright" from our self called professional classes. Well they will need to find another trough for their snouts and one that all can share in.

Personally my view isn't green55 Europe, I like Europe. However green55 the EU is my view on it.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Morph
Home club or Range: WRPC

#114 Post by Morph »

GeeRam wrote:
shugie wrote: Following the Munich shooting the Germans, or some Germans, seem to be suggesting their licensing system needs looking at. But as this chap had no licence, and his Glock had the serial numbers removed, I'd hazard a guess it was an illegal weapon brought into Germany by someone using the Schengen free movement arrangement.
Oh! don't worry even though it had the serial number removed & was bought on "The Dark Web" (where maybe 1% of trades done are on the legal side of the law) the BEEB are saying it was "Reactivated" ........Thus sitting conveniently oh so pretty for the currrent clusterf**k of laws they are charging headlong with.
I am quite certain that the argument you've already won in your head was entirely more satisfying to you than the one that is actually occurring.

Member of WR&PC,BASC & UBC
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#115 Post by GeeRam »

Morph wrote:
GeeRam wrote:
Oh! don't worry even though it had the serial number removed & was bought on "The Dark Web" (where maybe 1% of trades done are on the legal side of the law) the BEEB are saying it was "Reactivated" ........Thus sitting conveniently oh so pretty for the currrent clusterf**k of laws they are charging headlong with.
Yep.

This sad event will certainly fuel the EU politicians desire to push on with these laws or even more draconian amendments to it kukkuk
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#116 Post by shugie »

They'd do rather better at looking at the people that are the source of the problem as opposed to the methods they choose to use. The lorry nutter in Nice didn't need the "dark web" did he?
Careful now/that sort of thing
Chuck

#117 Post by Chuck »

Yes this went well off topic - yet funnily enough it never made it to GOM ;) .

As reported - some mad Germans want stricter GUN CONTROL, not criminal control! kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#118 Post by HALODIN »

"Parliament approves revised EU gun law to close security loopholes"

Amazingly there's nothing on either BASC or the NRA's website...
The provisional deal on the EU firearms directive reached by Parliament and Council negotiators last December was endorsed by the full House by 491 votes to 178, with 28 abstentions.

“Over the past 18 months I and colleagues across this Parliament have worked with many different stakeholders, as well as law enforcement authorities, proof houses and legal experts, in order to protect the interests of legitimate owners whilst also addressing the security issues. The Parliament text has made many significant improvements. The changes that we have now agreed will close the loophole and be an important contribution to our security, whilst also respecting the rights of legal owners”, said Vicky Ford (ECR, UK), who steered this legislation through Parliament.
Next steps

The draft law still needs to be formally approved by the other co-legislator, the EU Council of Ministers.

Member states will have 15 months from the date of entry into force of the directive to transpose the new rules into national law and 30 months to put in place data-filling systems for registering all information needed in order to trace and identify firearms.
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/n ... -loopholes
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#119 Post by dromia »

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#120 Post by Blackstuff »

Time to find out who will be coming up with the UK's interpretation of the directive and get lobbying troutslapping
DVC