Pistol shooting - political

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Pistol shooting - political

#71 Post by GeeRam »

the running man wrote:With it being very popular to prosecute historic sex offences, wouldent it be Interesting if the alleged Dunblane paedophile ring cover up was investigated and the Cullen report then nullified???.....
With lots of Dunblane documentation buried in the vaults under the 100 year rule, there's zero chance of that happening.

Sadly, I agree that full-bore pistol shooting will never be allowed in mainland UK again.

With a concerted all organisations effort - just maybe, there would have been a chance to get rimfire back prior to the London Olympics, but the chances of an all organisations concerted effort is pie-in-the-sky thinking I'm afraid, and as someone else said a while back, that boat has also long sailed now.

I had a trip over to Texas last April, and managed to find enough spare time to get to a range - first time with a .45 in my hand again for many a year and boy did I not want to hand that 1911 back :cry:
ordnance

#72 Post by ordnance »

joe wrote:
ordnance wrote:
the running man wrote:With it being very popular to prosecute historic sex offences, wouldent it be Interesting if the alleged Dunblane paedophile ring cover up was investigated and the Cullen report then nullified???.....

would it clear the way to the return of pistol shooting?......after all they would be more discreet for owners to transport them to the clubs.....less folk would know you shot it would just seem like a big camera bag....

I do wonder why none of the alleged victims have come forward yet......if there were any that is......there are lots of unanswered questions about the Dunblane incident....

A second inquiry? Would never happen just like you will never get another petrol strike....

Could the N.R.A. Help and ask about it? I suspect it needs a catalyst...like a couple of victims comming forwards....only then would anything happen....unless it's hushed up that is...

Just thinking out loud...
It wouldn't make any difference what any investigation came up with, no government is going to lift the handgun ban.
I wrote a letter some time ago about having handguns back to section one to my local MP who agreed with me! I made the point that 1997 act didn't extend to N.I I pointed out that all pistols centre fire or rim fire are on section one for target shooting or in some cases for personal protection and that there was no blood on the streets or massacres . He forwarded my letter to the Secretary of State who gave me the most cock and bull reply I ever heard and didn't even mention my point about the N.I examption!
And this was long time before N.I had a state legislature! It's was deliberate exampted by the Westminster traitors.

The UK public and government are not overly concerned what happens in N/I as long as things are relatively quite including what the firearms laws are, there are no votes to win or lose for them here. Tell the public in the rest of the UK that handguns are not banned in N/I and they won't care, tell them the ban is being lifted in the rest of the UK and them and politicians will have a fit.
joe

#73 Post by joe »

[/quote]

The UK public and government are not overly concerned what happens in N/I as long as things are relatively quite including what the firearms laws are, there are no votes to win or lose for them here. Tell the public in the rest of the UK that handguns are not banned in N/I and they won't care, tell them the ban is being lifted in the rest of the UK and them and politicians will have a fit.[/quote]

spot on! the majority of the public on the mainland are sheep and believe pretty much what the liberal media spoon feeds them ! they also trust the government when it comes to weapons and terrorism ! most people think that all guns are banned here anyway ! ****
the running man

#74 Post by the running man »

Somebody at the club made a comment about the alleged peado ring surrounding the Dunblane incident......the thought of exposing that lot would big just as big as the Jimmy saville thing if not bigger........but as said how far are certain agencies willing to go to keep it under wraps?

Point in fact Trevor ryhss Jones diannas body guard.....he don't half appear to have been given a warning to keep quiet......
Always judge a person by how they treat someone that is of no use to them......