TOO MANY GUNS?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: TOO MANY GUNS?

#51 Post by HALODIN »

Just out of curiosity, how much does a safe like that cost?
Rockhopper

#52 Post by Rockhopper »

Chuck wrote:Too many "what ifs" here..has it actually ever happened?? If they are minded to go to those lengths surely they'd knock over a shop or a couple of armed coppers and get what they want, not what they think you have. One thing for sure, a Fort Knox will not be uplifted eaasily if it's full of gear and bolted to the ground.

Not many of us will have firearms that are of real use to a terrorist. I am sure what they want they'll get from some scrotes in Ireland maybe - or the boat people who are no doubt landing without being noticed according to the press.
George Digweed was raided one evening by two masked men who assaulted him and his wife and made off with two shotguns and some silverware. They were later caught - turns out one of them was wanted for murder....
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#53 Post by GeeRam »

HALODIN wrote:Just out of curiosity, how much does a safe like that cost?
Lots.... lol

Not sure how much they are in the UK, but they start at about $3k over in the USA, so given the current exchange rate, plus the import tax and other stuff, I reckon you wouldn't get much change from £4k here for the basic one......
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#54 Post by HALODIN »

That's not cheap... aaarggh
GeeRam wrote:
HALODIN wrote:Just out of curiosity, how much does a safe like that cost?
Lots.... lol

Not sure how much they are in the UK, but they start at about $3k over in the USA, so given the current exchange rate, plus the import tax and other stuff, I reckon you wouldn't get much change from £4k here for the basic one......
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#55 Post by TattooedGun »

They're really not cheap.
I've been looking at options since moving house to consolidate 2 safes, and for anything worth having it's easily over a grand, and even then they're not as good as the Fort Knox style safes. :(