Buying primers

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

Re: Buying primers

#31 Post by Racalman »

BillR wrote:I would agree with Sim G. An S7 permit only allows you to possess firearms and ammunition but you cannot buy any ammunition or component parts of ammo unless you can show a current Firearms Certificate. You can buy any amount of shotgun ammo by showing a current Shotgun certificate and give it to the wife to carry home! Cap type primers for metallic ammunition are a different ballgame.
BillR
You don't need an FAC to buy "component parts of ammo" except primers, and I still believe that I have interpreted the Acts correctly. However with testing it in court none of us will know who is right. Yet another reason why the Firearms Acts need overhauling.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#32 Post by Sim G »

I'd still nick ya for attempting to buy without a valid firearms certificate though....!! shakeshout shakeshout lol lol :run:
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Racalman
Home club or Range: LPSC and NRA

#33 Post by Racalman »

Sim G wrote:I'd still nick ya for attempting to buy without a valid firearms certificate though....!! shakeshout shakeshout lol lol :run:
Oooh, you're a mean man **** .

Why should it be an offence to acquire something I've already got 1,000s of? Hardly in the public interest, is it? kukkuk
Sim G
Past Supporter

#34 Post by Sim G »

Racalman wrote: Why should it be an offence to acquire something I've already got 1,000s of? Hardly in the public interest, is it? kukkuk

At the time there was a concerted effort to have reloading outlawed. Some wanted primers treated exactly the same as live cartridges and there was even suggestion of making reloading presses and dies subject to s1 requiring variations of acquire and possess! Showing a firearm certificate when buying/acquiring got us off very, very lightly.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!