Sporting Antiques Ashbourne

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
DL.

Re: Sporting Antiques Ashbourne

#11 Post by DL. »

If Gaz was willing, I'm sure he would have something to say about the Derby Telegraph method of reporting - not very good to be honest.
BamBam

#12 Post by BamBam »

Rockhopper

#13 Post by Rockhopper »

True but its what he was allegedly doing with it thats the problem.
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#14 Post by David Nimrod »

More bad news for Shooting and shooters, seemingly aaarggh

'With friends like these...' :bad:
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
Sim G
Past Supporter

#15 Post by Sim G »

Rockhopper wrote:True but its what he was allegedly doing with it thats the problem.

What he was doing with it?! He was in possession of 10 sawn off shotguns. A tape measure and a copy of the 1968 Firearms Act shows clearly the offences.

These offences of possession are then aggravated if the circumstances are just a tiny bit of what was being alleged. And frankly, knowing some of the stuff that the NCA are involved in, this dealer was on his way to deliver the items.

Have no sympathy for the man at all. He's a criminal. Now he will answer for his crimes, but be rest assured that he treated your access to lawful firearms with the same utter disdain that he showed the potential victims that would befall the use of these prohibited weapons that he was trading in illicitly.

And when the government look to restrict further firearms ownership, whose behaviour are they going to cite first. Yours as certificated holder, or his as a registered dealer....?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Rockhopper

#16 Post by Rockhopper »

I'm not disagreeing with any of that!

The photo is of normal shotgun cartridges, I was making the point that they are not illegal to posses, its what he was attempting to do with them thats illegal as he has been charged with an offence in relation to the them, (as well as offences related to the sawn offs etc)
Chapuis

#17 Post by Chapuis »

It is with regret that I have to say that I have absolutely no sympathy for the man. Those that so blatantly flout the firearms laws not only endanger the public but do a great disservice to all lawful holders of firearms.
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#18 Post by GeeRam »

Chapuis wrote:It is with regret that I have to say that I have absolutely no sympathy for the man. Those that so blatantly flout the firearms laws not only endanger the public but do a great disservice to all lawful holders of firearms.
Quite.

clapclap to NCA for catching him.
walesdave

#19 Post by walesdave »

Just like the 'antis' who hear or read a bit of news about 'guns' without knowing the whole story but still condemn all shooters as 'nutters' aren't a few posters commenting without knowing much more than what a local rag have printed and what a government 'agency' have put in a press release designed to show how much they are doing about the wide-spread scourge of gun crime?

My suggestion is to wait for a trial before making sweeping statements; and please trust me, if he's found guilty I'll be happy to see an increadbly long sentance passed, both for the potential victims of gun crime and for the damage done to the shooting sports
Rockhopper

#20 Post by Rockhopper »

Totally agree walesdave.