Boyds Stock

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Graham M

Boyds Stock

#1 Post by Graham M »

OK, looking for some thoughts on what I should do.
Last August I purchased a BNIB barrel and action for a Howa .223 standard barrel for the great price of £395. Wasn't too bothered about the stock as I have sent over for a Boyds stock in the past, so you can imagine how p*** I was to find that they were now $129 and Boyds wouldn't export anything over $100.
So, I went off looking for a dealer who would send off for one for me and found one for £199, plus the postage to me from their shop (£25). So ordered one on September 3rd 2016.

I was told that due to high demand, and because of the time of year ???? it would probably take anywhere between 6 – 12 weeks, so just in time for Christmas when I could fit my new Christmas pressie scope.

It didn't arrive in the 12 week period so I sent an email, which in all fairness they did reply to, telling me that it hadn't arrived on the last shipment and that it would now be early in the new year. Gave it until last week and emailed again and was told that they would get in touch with the importer to see what was going on.

I have now been waiting for over 5 months and have had nothing back from them and although I have been told that this company are “Great guys”, I would really like to take this bloody rifle out and shoot the damn thing.

When I placed the order I had to pay a £100 non-refundable deposit, but do you think that this 5 month delay is reasonable and would I be able to get my deposit refunded due to an unreasonable delay.

I really would prefer to keep the order and get my stock, but I am starting to think that I should have gotten my son to order it direct from Boyds and to have posted it to me from his home in Kansas, but wasn't too sure about legality etc.

Any thoughts???
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Triffid
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Wey Valley

Re: Boyds Stock

#2 Post by Triffid »

Get a refund and buy a GRS Beserker instead. I've got a Boyds thumbhole on my Howa Varmint and having played with the GRS recently, I'm very tempted to swop . . .
Triffid
Graham M

#3 Post by Graham M »

Don't like the Berserk stocks. I have a thumbhole on my match rifle but I think they look awful on a sporting rifle. Trouble is I can't see me getting a refund if they have ordered it and the importer is messing them about.

But 5 months ...............jeeze wtf

G
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#4 Post by WelshShooter »

I had a similar issue with a chassis system I bought from March scopes. I was given an estimated delivery time of 6 weeks. After 5 months there was still no progress and I was getting a bit impatient. In the end I asked for a full refund because of this and they happily obliged. Just ask to see if they will do the same, but make sure you find an alternative stock instead! I would perhaps look into getting a European made alternative.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#5 Post by kennyc »

Graham M

#6 Post by Graham M »

Thanks for the offer, but I really hate thumb-hole stocks and would never want to use it.
Graham M

#7 Post by Graham M »

Well I emailed the dealer today and asked for my money back, and to be honest he couldn't have been more apologetic.
He asked me for my bank details and sent the money back straight away. Couldn't ask for more.

The shop is Northern Optics, and if needed I would use them again if I saw something I wanted.

Can't blame them for the sh!77y importer. goodjob

G