Reloading Bench Ideas.........

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Dahonis

Reloading Bench Ideas.........

#1 Post by Dahonis »

Hi,

I'm looking for information please on where to buy a new decent reloading bench from people who use them a lot......

Sick of paying for things that have left lots to be desired.......roofers......builders.....architects!!!!

I'm not handy at all with DIY, so I cant build one myself.

Kind Regards

Chris
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

Re: Reloading Bench Ideas.........

#2 Post by phaedra1106 »

Course you can, if I can do it anyone can :)

In my case I used some shelf/book units from Argos and a nice heavy worktop from Ikea with a central support leg, in fact it works so well I made another on the other side of the room and my PC and jumbo display are on it :)

More than happy to give you a hand etc.

Not a great photo, I'll see if I can get a better one later.

There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
knewmans

#3 Post by knewmans »

Couple of flat pack kitchen units (floor or wall depending how deep you want it) and kitchen work top. A big B&Q etc will cut it to length for you. A screwdriver should be all you need.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#4 Post by Dark Skies »

Dahonis wrote:Hi,

I'm looking for information please on where to buy a new decent reloading bench from people who use them a lot......

Sick of paying for things that have left lots to be desired.......roofers......builders.....architects!!!!

I'm not handy at all with DIY, so I cant build one myself.

Kind Regards

Chris
Homebase were doing a wonderful workbench / workstation combination recently for about £800. It had a full steel covered bench unit with overhead cupboards with lockable steel doors. Had overhead lighting too.
It also had lower cupboards and drawers - also lockable. The whole plot was mounted on heavy duty rubber wheels that could be locked in position. I seriously contemplated getting one for my workshop just because it was so perfect - couldn't justify it though as I made one that's served me perfectly well for the past ten years.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
The Gun Pimp

#5 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Machine Mart do a really good one for £299. It's rock-solid and has 5 drawers and a lockable cupboard (to keep ammo secure) and you can get your legs under it.
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Kungfugerbil »

The Gun Pimp wrote:Machine Mart do a really good one for £299. It's rock-solid and has 5 drawers and a lockable cupboard (to keep ammo secure) and you can get your legs under it.
It is very good that one. Keep an eye open for their vat free weekends every so often, would save 60 quid so worth doing!
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#7 Post by HALODIN »

Just use a big desk, I did.

dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#8 Post by dodgyrog »

Ho Chris, I got a dining room table from Ilvea near the Metro centre when it closed down - £10 (was over £600)
In fact I bought two! The second one I disassembled when I was given a nice used dining table and chairs by my lady friend. I have the table top and legs still if you want them - very heavy and might be a bit much if you're not into DIY
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Dahonis

#9 Post by Dahonis »

Never thought of using kitchen units and a worktop......pleased I asked.....my DIY skills would run to that.........

Will check oot Machine Mart.

Thanks everyone goodjob

Regards

Chris
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#10 Post by bradaz11 »

Remember to post up what you did
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns