Shooting Table..

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
falco67
Site Supporter Since 2015

Shooting Table..

#1 Post by falco67 »

Saw this at the range this morning. It was purchased at the Shooting Show this year and cost £75.

Unfortunately no labels on it to track down the maker. :bad:

Anyone know who makes/retails them?

it was very comfortable to use and folds flat for transporting..and its all one piece :good:

regards

Geoff
Attachments
shooting-seat2.jpg
shooting-seat.jpg
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Shooting Table..

#2 Post by Sim G »

All I know is a a wee 100 yard shoot a couple of weeks ago on a military zeroing range with 7 firing points nine blokes turned up with some sort of bench or another! Some 10 of us didn't. These benches are almost as anti social as muzzle brakes!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Gazza

#3 Post by Gazza »

They are on Ebay under "shooting table" 100 quid though
Gazza

#4 Post by Gazza »

[quote="Sim G"]All I know is a a wee 100 yard shoot a couple of weeks ago on a military zeroing range with 7 firing points nine blokes turned up with some sort of bench or another! Some 10 of us didn't. These benches are almost as anti social as muzzle brakes!![/quote

Why are they anti social?
Some people are not as agile as others.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#5 Post by phaedra1106 »

I have one, got it from A1 Decoy for £79.99, http://www.a1decoy.co.uk/shooting-bench ... 2525-p.asp

Fitted a higher and larger top but it's quite heavy, I use a golf trolley for it but it's still a pain to trundle down the range.

Ideally I'd like it copied using 3/4" aluminium instead of the steel, be a lot lighter :)

One other thing, the clip which locks the top into place is pretty pants, it's not easy to get it back out when it's locked, remove it and just use a 10mm bolt pushed through the holes, 75mm length is more than enough :)
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
Sim G
Past Supporter

#6 Post by Sim G »

Gazza wrote: Why are they anti social?
Some people are not as agile as others.

Because out of them all, one was disabled and another is troubled with a bad back. No issues there. The rest have been taken by fashion. Strangely enough, the one bloke who is permanently in a wheel chair didn't use one. Up and down prone like no ones business....

And of course, no one wanted to share theirs or use anyone else's. Turned quite p*** actually. Certainly fits with my definition of anti social...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
falco67
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by falco67 »

Thanks for the replies :good:

Our 100 metre range is set up for prone shooting only and this is fine for centre fire rifle..you get on the floor taking everything you need with you and then get up after the end of the shoot.

I'm fine with that , but for black powder rifle its load, lay down, fire, get up, load, lay down, fire etc etc.

As my knees are not what they used to be, after 2/3 shots I'm struggling :bad:

The good thing about this particular table is that you just sit on it, and don't have to climb into it like the desk type ones.

As to being anti social, I don't know, but a couple of us just share one seat and there's no problem.

regards

Geoff
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#8 Post by phaedra1106 »

No complaints from using mine on the range, in fact a quite a few of the other shooters have asked where they can get one!.

The only problem, as I said, is the weight of the thing, about 16Kg which makes getting it in/out of the car and up/down the range a struggle for me, especially when you add all the other kit we take.

Usually I have my son to help but not always, carrying that, 2 heavy rifles, a thick shooting mat, 2-300 rounds of ammo, moderators, lunch etc. etc. can be a real pain.

If anyone can replicate it (even without the seat) in aluminium it would be much easier to manage.

The alternative is to sell it and just buy one of the MTM tables which are less than half the weight.
Attachments
Table.jpg
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)