Newly released WW1 photos

Somewhere to share your tales, anecdotes and memories from past days.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please remember to respect the copyright of the author. Please do not post content from this section elsewhere without the specific permission of the author.
Chuck

Newly released WW1 photos

#1 Post by Chuck »

Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
450 Martini
Home club or Range: Swadlincote RPC

Re: Newly released WW1 photos

#2 Post by 450 Martini »

Cracking pictures there!

Images of any Great War troops in action are quite rare

It's interesting to note that the L/cpl in the second picture is equipped with the P-14 leather equipment.
and the man in the 3rd picture net to the serjeant is wearing the winter goatskin coat, the only item of kit abandoned by the British Army because of the smell...after wearing one for a week i understand why!

From Experience i know that there are thousands of unpublished pictures of the Great war sitting in museum archives, just waiting for somewhat with a lot of time and patience to digitize and publish.
Chuck

Re: Newly released WW1 photos

#3 Post by Chuck »

Agreed, there must be countless photos of historical interest sitting in archives and lofts, that people would love to see.

Good input on what the troops were wearing, I would never have known that, cheers 450:good:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!