WAX Slugs - emergency Zombie ammo

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Chuck

WAX Slugs - emergency Zombie ammo

#1 Post by Chuck »

given that candles and birdshot will be more prolific than slug come the Zombies what about this idea..maybe even cost effective for PSG?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBWWqXVb ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdk2V7X8 ... ure=relmfu

and home made incendiaries too, flint tipped rifle rounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJnRZ7Tu ... ure=relmfu

even in .177 airgun flint tipped http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iU1fA8G ... ure=relmfu
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
25Pdr
Past Supporter

Re: WAX Slugs - emergency Zombie ammo

#2 Post by 25Pdr »

When I was a boy, I used to fill hollow airgun pellets with powdered match heads and seal them with Plasticine, made quite a spectacular flash bang. Used to fire them out my bedroom window and ping the local chip shop vent stack. Was great fun watching Ronnie rush outside and scratch his head and wonder what the noise was. :lol:

Well! I was only 10 years old. :lol:
Chuck

#3 Post by Chuck »

Ahhh the good old days, I did that too. You going to make some wax slugs then 25.......would be fun on steels at Faslane..or that chimney stack :lol:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
25Pdr
Past Supporter

#4 Post by 25Pdr »

Chuck wrote:Ahhh the good old days, I did that too. You going to make some wax slugs then 25.......would be fun on steels at Faslane..or that chimney stack :lol:
Amazing what reloaders can conjure up.. I'm told that you can use a 15mm ring spanner as a mold and it will turn out a slug which is 0.680" dia. And weighs around 1 oz, just the correct size to fit inside a 12Ga shell after the shot has been removed.
Chuck

#5 Post by Chuck »

Hmm could experiment with diffent length 15mm sockets too..nice and deep...or use the wax and solid copper ball(s) or steel BB's??

I wonder what the most imaginative load would be...maybe a packet of flints or green tipped .223 say??? any????

Someone could certainly make some interesting zombie ammo for sure, wonder if it would cope with being loaded and cycled through a magazine..definitely NOT for home defense though.
whoowhoop

#6 Post by whoowhoop »

When us were chavvies, us used to break old .303 ammo and stuff the pointy bit down .410 cartridges with the end cut off and the lickle bits of lead poured out. Sometimes we had to pack the pointy bit with fag packet foil keep it it, and we alus used to push the pointy bit in the paper cartridge.
Then we would get some silly bugger to fire it.
There used to always be some kid at school who could get their hands on old war surplus ammo, and everybody had a 410 or a number 3 garden gun..

What you realy want is some DeVilliers wax bullets, some suitable dueling pieces and thick smocks and face masks, for a bit of "play duelling practice"
Better than xbox, xfactor or x rated......
Happy is he, who goes out for the amusement of himself, and not for the amazement of others
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#7 Post by saddler »

whoowhoop wrote:What you realy want is some DeVilliers wax bullets, some suitable dueling pieces and thick smocks and face masks, for a bit of "play duelling practice"
Better than xbox, xfactor or x rated......
...or some of the primer powered rubber bullets that are sold for indoor target practice :grin:
Chuck

#8 Post by Chuck »

Hmm the plot thickens.......there was something about firing primers and rubber balls.......
knewmans

#9 Post by knewmans »

Had a trip when I was at school many moons ago to a 'lecture' ostensibly about chemistry but really various bangs and flashes. At one point the chap giving the lecture fired a household candle out of a musket demolishing an oak plank.
Ken
Chuck

#10 Post by Chuck »

LOL a 6" 12 guage slug......like it....I wonder how nylon type (baton) rounds would work at full power..or 6mm nylon balls.

or OBO type masonary nails in wax.....time for a cuppa, this is getting silly :lol: .