What kit do you have in the car for snow conditions

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Chuck

Re: What kit do you have in the car for snow conditions

#21 Post by Chuck »

Winter fluorescent jacket. (It can get cold in the Highlands)
Can of windscreen deicer. (So I can clear the screen, It can get cold in the Highlands)
Pair of wellys with socks. (It can get cold & wet in the Highlands)
Tow Rope & Jump leads. (for other vehicles blocking the small roads)
Torch & spare batteries. (So I can see what I'm doing when attaching Tow Rope & jump leads to some eejit's car.)
After listenuing to the radio advice on being ready for a cold snap, I used to carry all that stuff too.

Got some strange looks getting on the bus with it though.... :run:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Burner

#22 Post by Burner »

Hmmm? What do I have for snow conditions?
Got a ice scraper/snow brush, and my rabbit fur hat (WARM!). It goes in every fall and out every spring.

Other then that everything else is normal kit in my vehicles.
A military Spade, Jumper cables, Tire plugs and compressor (Tyre for those that only speak English) a few hand tools, a AK bayonet, Wellies and a tow strap or two.
As long as I have gas (petrol for the 'merican impaired) the snow has to be several feet deep to impede movement.

I pulled a Land Rover Discovery out of the ditch on the way home last night.
The owner got just a bit mad when I told him it takes a "special kind of fool" to let the weather get the better of a Land Rover.
Random Yank.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#23 Post by Ovenpaa »

I used to try and avoid getting behind BMW X5's when commuting in the winter months as they were the first 4x4 to get stuck, usually at the entrance to roundabouts. I was also guaranteed to pass one or two in the ditch over the snowy period.

I like the idea of the AK bayonet, we have an SVD bayonet here and they are prefect for so many different functions.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal