Your choice of defence post apocalypse?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
$harp$hooter
Home club or Range: Bury Rifle Club

Your choice of defence post apocalypse?

#1 Post by $harp$hooter »

Seen as many if not all of the forum members are shooters in some capacity I thought it would be a good idea to find out what defence items you would keep/store if there was ever a Zombie/SHTF scenario and your reasoning?

Ill start. I have currently my air rifles, knives and long bow that I keep and actively use, all ok which would easily dispatch Mr. Zombie. I also have a fully packed and equipped bag of supplies and shelter just incase it's required.

What would you keep and why?
"Life - It is what it is"
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Your choice of defence post apocalypse?

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Probably a SGC SpeedMaster with a .22 upper as it has iron sights, is light and ammunition is readily available, plus it is S/A. Supported by an M66 Repeater with 24" barrel and 10x Kaps 'scope with BDC drum and ranging reticle. It takes the AICS 5 and 10 round magazines and it would be chambered in 7,62x51 so I can feed it 7,62x51 or .308 depending on what is around.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
BaconButty
Home club or Range: ARPC

#3 Post by BaconButty »

ovenpaa wrote:Probably a SGC SpeedMaster with a .22 upper as it has iron sights, is light and ammunition is readily available, plus it is S/A. Supported by an M66 Repeater with 24" barrel and 10x Kaps 'scope with BDC drum and ranging reticle. It takes the AICS 5 and 10 round magazines and it would be chambered in 7,62x51 so I can feed it 7,62x51 or .308 depending on what is around.
Not that you've given it any thought? lol
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

BaconButty wrote:
ovenpaa wrote:Probably a SGC SpeedMaster with a .22 upper as it has iron sights, is light and ammunition is readily available, plus it is S/A. Supported by an M66 Repeater with 24" barrel and 10x Kaps 'scope with BDC drum and ranging reticle. It takes the AICS 5 and 10 round magazines and it would be chambered in 7,62x51 so I can feed it 7,62x51 or .308 depending on what is around.
Not that you've given it any thought? lol
:lol: :roll: clapclap bangbang
Geordie bloke

#5 Post by Geordie bloke »

A 19 year old Swedish au pair.
Her pretty mother.
Her pretty sister.
A Hughes Chain gun.
A pack of Trebor mints.
Nuff said!!http://www.full-bore.co.uk/images/icons ... .smile.gif
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Geordie bloke wrote:A 19 year old Swedish au pair.
Her pretty mother.
Her pretty sister.
A Hughes Chain gun.
A pack of Trebor mints.
Nuff said!!http://www.full-bore.co.uk/images/icons ... .smile.gif
Bugger, can I add to my list?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Chuck

#7 Post by Chuck »

Well we know where this thread is headed then eh :lol:

Glock 23 in .40SW with loads of magazines - and a .22LR conversion as back up.

Sig P229 in .40SW but with 9mm conversion just in case the .40SW runs out (got 1400+ rounds 9mm frangible for that)

Sig 556 semi auto and 12 x 30 round mags.

My Remmy 700 in .308 for when I cannot be arsed getting up close to shoot them.

My Kabar......for sharpening pencils to keep tally.

A couple of Asian babes.....might as well have decent food ;) :good: .
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Scotsgun

#8 Post by Scotsgun »

Pistols are a waste of time. They lack range, have limited 'punch' and are bloody noisy.
I'll start with any reliable S/A 22 with 30rds magazine or more. Slap on a decent moderator and include a truck load of 22 bricks because I'll use this to quietly take game and eliminate all 'vermin.'
Next I'll take a good dozen or so of the current (whenever it is) issue rifle. Even if it's the Sa80A2 and again a boat load of rounds as I'm certainly not wasting time reloading, far less fixing.
Throw in a few GPMGs, mines, heavy earth moving kit for digging berms and killing fields and lastly my own issued L96A1. I'd even be happy with the original 6x42 scope.

I wouldn't be worried about female company as I'd be the only bugger surviving, they'd soon present themselves. That and the fact that the Memsab would castrait me with a rusty spoon!
Chuck

#9 Post by Chuck »

:lol: ttiuwp
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
DL.

#10 Post by DL. »

Chuck wrote::lol: ttiuwp
You need to see a picture of a rusty spoon? They look just like normal spoons, but tarnished! kukkuk