Your choice of defence post apocalypse?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

Re: Your choice of defence post apocalypse?

#91 Post by mag41uk »

BamBam wrote:There's a Mosin in that barrow. Behind the Remy 700.

Our chief weapon is surprise, surprise and fear, fear and surprise. Our *two* weapons are fear and surprise, and ruthless efficiency. Our *three* weapons are fear and surprise and ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical dedication to the pope. Our *four*... No... Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry are such elements as fear, surprise and stuff.
I haven't heard that in years!
Tony
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#92 Post by waterford103 »

Considering most survivors would need to leave urban conurbations and decamp to a more defensible spot there would be a need to minimise the amount of defensive / offensive gear . A fit bloke could carry maybe 30kg of kit , a wife less. Fuel would be available for a short while , bearing in mind everyone else would want some .Having decided where you were going to stand your ground you have to get there and collect provisions on the way , fighting for them if needs be. One or two calibres at most would be sensible , .22lr and possibly .223 would be ideal plus a 12bore of any description, ammunition for them is readily available . Cutting tools would be a necessity as well .Clothes would easy to find - dead people have no further use of them. Dried food should be acquired in large quantities as it takes up less space .Then run for the hills.

My choice of weapons ar15 v22 ar15 .223 /5.56 12bore s/s ejector pref Baikal and assorted cartridges inc rifled slug. If a discarded SA80 2nd revision came to hand it would be gratefully received as would any 9mm pistol / smg with sufficient ammo. A Toyota Landcruiser , older type with minimum electronics diesel of course would provide reliable transport.

:flag6: :wales:
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Chuck

#93 Post by Chuck »

Dried food should be acquired in large quantities as it takes up less space .Then run for the hills.
You forgot water for all that dried food and remember that 1L=1KG -more like walking fast now ;)
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#94 Post by waterford103 »

Chuck wrote:
Dried food should be acquired in large quantities as it takes up less space .Then run for the hills.
You forgot water for all that dried food and remember that 1L=1KG -more like walking fast now ;)
This is Britain , we're up to our armpits in the stuff , there's always some around , add purification tabs to the list. :flag6: :flag6:
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Chuck

#95 Post by Chuck »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes I suppose so - add 5kg tablets to the kit then. BUT: It never seems to rain in Zombie movies....Sods law it all happens if we ever get a summer without rain. Be prepared. :flag6: :flag6: :flag6: :flag6: :good:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#96 Post by Ovenpaa »

Out of interest, what is the typical distance to water (Excluding mains supplies) in the UK in the summer months? Somewhere between 2 and 5 miles would be my guess.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Scotsgun

#97 Post by Scotsgun »

OK, so now we have all the ammo and kit, are we going it alone or organizing regional groups with agreed meet points and defensible locations in which we set up base?
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#98 Post by Demonic69 »

I'm gonna bar the front door and laugh as all the anti-gun family and friends try to get in so I can protect them :D
I told them karma would come!
Then I'd obviously let them in and, smugly, teach them how to shoot while dropping not-so-subtle comments, about the worm turning, every few hours.
Chuck

#99 Post by Chuck »

Safety in numbers I would think. A smallish group with varied skills. No food faddies, sick kids, nuns, guitar players or anti gun nutters now "seeing it our way"!

Much as alone sounds OK a simple injury could prove your undoing - and we would need the wimmin to do the cooking (well some of you would).
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#100 Post by Blackstuff »

A group would be essential, if only for sleep/watch duty, plus it would increase your chances of a hot lass being amongst the numbers O:-)
DVC