SOLO Int E&E bag

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Dangermouse

SOLO Int E&E bag

#1 Post by Dangermouse »

I bought one of these today

http://soloint.co.uk/SOLO-E-and-E-BAG-WOODLAND.html

This is a new shop to me but having spent a happy 20 Min's looking across their site they appear to be doing good no nonsense kit - if you are in the market for that kind of thing!

A bargain of a price, I have seen lesser items at 4 x the price on flea bay.

Should anyone be interested I will do a review when I get it,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Matt
Home club or Range: Bisley

Re: SOLO Int E&E bag

#2 Post by Matt »

Looks good for the price, can you let us know if its any good please :good:

Looks about the right size for odds and sods on the range and about the right size for an iPad or the like?
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#3 Post by Mike357 »

If you look see where they are based then you can guess that their s*** is good :grin:
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
User702
Home club or Range: BRPC

#4 Post by User702 »

Oooo! I was looking for something like that, but was wondering what to get. When do you think it will turn up? When it does, can you do me a favour and compare it with the current issue UK combat manbag? If this is bigger by a reasonable amount, it would be perfect for the range. Not too big, not too small...
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#5 Post by meles meles »

... right in the Goldilocks zone ?
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Dangermouse

#6 Post by Dangermouse »

Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Dangermouse

#7 Post by Dangermouse »

I ordered the bag on Thursday with 3-5 days delivery expected and it turned up the next morning :good:

Solo say
The Escape & Evasion Car Bag in OD Green. Has a removable map wallet, with 3 x internal rip out Medi Mesh bags can be used to hold users Personal Trauma Medical kit (3 x Bags included), a 40mm rip out Grenade Bandolier (Included) to hold 5 x 40mm M203 rds, 3 x fixed internal admin pouches (Included) to Support various Radios or essential items.
Other qualities:

. Add on a mulititude of extra pouches to the exterior of bag from our modular catergory from
9mm mag, Smoke/ HE grenade, GPS radio, P90/Baton, 5.56mm & Ambidextrous Pistol pouches.
. Bag will expand to hold up to 2 x 100 rd Bags of Minimi link.
. 2 x small exterior pouches (included) will hold CAT Torniquet & Israeli 6" compression
bandages.
. Map wallet on rear side (Included) for 1:50,000 maps.
. Map wallet on front (Included) - removable.
. Radio comms port with fist mike holder on shoulder.
. Designed by SOLO
I say - BUY IT!

I have taken a couple of pictures of the DPM bag next to a issue ammunition grab bag. They are almost identical in size with the grab bag having a couple of side pockets for grenades. So far I had not found these useful as they are a strange shape.

The SOLO bag is the bag that keep giving. As I sat and played with it I kept on finding more and more features, pockets and well thought out ideas.
As can be seen on the last picture they have not cut corners by using small bits of Velcro. The whole bag has ample swathes of the stuff, so if you are a hunter and are thinking of using the bag quietly, this may not be the one for you. The Ammo bag also uses Velcro on the main compartment lid.
I was impressed with the main over the shoulder strap. A good thickness with a well made shoulder pad. Again ample length of strap to fit all shapes, with the strap running all the way under the bag. A really practical design which any bag that might carry weight should have. The ammo bag does not have the strap going under the bag and is attached with plastic D rings!
Mollee attachment points are on the sides and bottom, so can accommodate more pouches should you with.
Not mentioned in the SOLO write up is the inclusion of a long strap on the rear of the bag. At first I thought this was a waist strap, but it is actually really long. I wonder if it is designed to go around a bergen? This strap is again a good thickness (approx 2") and is attached with two buckles, so you can remove it if need be. I love the idea of being able to remove it for another use without destroying the bag.

Inside the bag are the 3 removable mesh bags. Ideal for personal admin like wash kit or small items you do not want rolling around. Also ideal as a spent brass bag. On the shoulder strap were two more pouches, not sure what I would use them for but they come off easily so can be stored for another time.

The stitching and finish on the SOLO bag are all good and as good as the Ammo bag. Noticeable the seams on the SOLO bag are all on the inside, on the Ammo bag they are all on the out side.

This bag could be used for the range, however most of us carry a lot more kit in our range bags than what could be accommodated in this bag. A box of ammo, ear muffs, glasses, shooting notes/plot graphs, will all easily fit in but go far beyond that and you will be pushing the envelope.

As a grab bag it is a great design, well thought out and the right sensible size to get a few additional bits in as well as your personal survival kit. I will be filling this and keeping it in my bergen so that I can have all my personal admin kit in one bag ready to go.

In case you can not tell I am tickled pink by this product and will buy another if they have any left. The SOLO DPM bag cost me £12.50 + VAT + p&p, which compared to the Ammo bag which was around £25 + p&p is a real bargain

i
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

That looks very handy DM, it would be good if they did it in other colours as well.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
whoowhoop

#9 Post by whoowhoop »

Pink DPM ? party2
Happy is he, who goes out for the amusement of himself, and not for the amazement of others
User702
Home club or Range: BRPC

#10 Post by User702 »

I have to admit it looks tempting, but i was really after something about halfway between the grab bag and a daysack. The grab bag is fine for small things and dog walking (tennis balls fit into the grenade pouches) and for hanging off the back of a daysack full of link and blank 5.56, but for a range bag i need something a bit bigger.