LIFE

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Chuck

LIFE

#1 Post by Chuck »

LIFE.jpg
LIFE.jpg (18.4 KiB) Viewed 5255 times
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Taha

Re: LIFE

#2 Post by Taha »

LOL, u mean like in a zombie invasion? zzzzom
jmc67
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

#3 Post by jmc67 »

Someones been reading Douglas Adams...
Taha

#4 Post by Taha »

haha u know it...
Chuck

#5 Post by Chuck »

jmc67 :squirrel:

Actually he has some brilliant quotes:

Funny,” he intoned funereally, “how just when you think life can’t possibly get any worse it suddenly does.”

Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much — the wheel, New York, wars and so on — whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man — for precisely the same reasons.

http://bookriot.com/2012/05/25/the-42-b ... xy-series/

The TV series was a masterpiece.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
jmc67

#6 Post by jmc67 »

Don't get me wrong Chuck, the man was a genius, and died far too young. Whenever I speak with the marketing guys where I work, all I can think about is the B Ark, and the focus group to find out about what people want from fire and how they relate to it.

Books, radio script and TV for me were good. Film, nah not really.
Chuck

#7 Post by Chuck »

The film was a travsty, lost a lot that did - and nowhere near as funny.

Yes, the Ark was classic - What was the episode with the crazy captain -always in his bath.

On a planet called Golgafrincham, some citizens decided it was time to rid themselves of an entire useless third of their population. So they concocted a story that their planet would shortly be destroyed in a great catastrophe and planned an evacuation in three ships Golgafrincham “A”, “B” and “C” arks.

The passengers of the “A” ark were to be all the brilliant leaders, scientists, great musicians, data analysts, engineers and architects.

The passengers of the “B” ark were to be all the “middle men” , marketing executives, telephone sanitizers , sales assistants and telemarketers etc.

The passengers of the “C” ark were to be the real workers, construction, manufacturing and other craftsman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSid-p0Xlk0

CLASSIC STUFF!
jmc67

#8 Post by jmc67 »

Always makes me laugh. In fact he was such an influence on me when I was studying, I even included a quote of his in my PhD thesis;

"...a scientist must be absolutely like a child. If he sees a thing, he must say that he sees it, whether it was what he thought he was going to see or not. See first, think later, then test. But always see first. Otherwise you will only see what you were expecting. Most scientists forget that."

John Watson speaking to Arthur Dent from 'So long and thanks for all the fish'.

A mantra I still live by now....
Chuck

#9 Post by Chuck »

Seems to be the way, my son extoles the virtues of plenty of fish (POF.com) :o :o :o