The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion.
It is currently Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:35 pm 
Site Supporter Since 2015

Home club or Range: North Coates Butts UK. Grove Small Arms, Barton Road UK. Ulfborg Skyttecenter DK. BASC Trade Member
I have a thing for overbalancing on left kickers and invariably have to get off to start them if they do not go in the first couple of kicks.

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Journal: http://shootingshed.co.uk/wp/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:38 pm 

Home club or Range: Classified
Ovenpaa wrote:
Or a modern take on it:

I'm going to say it's a Honda XR400 with electric start.

I had a liquid-cooled Maico 250 stroker years ago that was a left-footer, used to have to lean against something to kick it over.

"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee... Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:40 am 

Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club
I like my Polaris Ranger Diesel. Top speed about 35 mph, carries 500 kg in the tray, all-wheel drive, and runs on the smell of an oily rag.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:40 am 

Home club or Range: HPRPC
All great stuff - I wonder what percentage of posters could move let's say, 10 miles?

Physical preparation is essential, just like having procedures in place - lest being left with all the gear and no idea!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:34 pm 

Home club or Range: RCRPSC
Much as I hate the idea of wearing out my legs to give my arse a ride I'd be stuck with a bicycle once I ran out of petrol as I've never learned to ride anything that can bite!
You'd get a lot of miles from a diesel Enfield Bullet ;-)
Nick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:28 pm 
Site Supporter Since 2015

Home club or Range: North Coates Butts UK. Grove Small Arms, Barton Road UK. Ulfborg Skyttecenter DK. BASC Trade Member
We walk a reasonable amount these days, probably 12-14 hours a week or more and it is hilly in places, walking 10 miles certainly would not bother me and with some kit, not sure I would be up for any more 30 mile jaunts, those days are well behind me.

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Journal: http://shootingshed.co.uk/wp/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7