Bug out: where?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
User702
Home club or Range: BRPC

Re: Bug out: where?

#31 Post by User702 »

The reading's better in a bookshop chuck. If you're in luck, they might have a decent coffee shop in it as well.

you know, I can't think of a more civilised way to wait out the zombie apocalypse/society meltdown than that. I might even try reading War & Peace to pass the time.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#32 Post by HALODIN »

lol :good:
Chuck wrote:And maybe job centres???
Gundoc
Home club or Range: Triple C Tactical

#33 Post by Gundoc »

Heres a view on it from someone else's perspective....

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showth ... p?t=198885
Yes, I work for Lantac.
Chuck

#34 Post by Chuck »

Here's a wee bug out experiemnt to check your plans are in order:

Select your chosen bug out spot. No need to pack the car as a dry run, simply try to get there as fast as possible by leaving at peak traffic time, say at maybe peak rush hour or a bank holiday..Bank holiday is good to determine not only how long optimistically to get there but also how many others are there too!

From that you can decide what your tactics will be: form a likeminded group or get rid of them,take what they have that is of value and find a less well known spot.

All of a sudden the bookshop looks OK!!!!!!!! lol
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#35 Post by TattooedGun »

Scotsgun wrote: My nearest neighbour has approx 100 cows and hundreds of sheep. Most of which can be seen and shot from my Windows. He also has a backhoe loader, manitou, couple of tractors with assorted implements and a big caterpillar digger.
That digger sounds useful for digging trenches and putting up fences the other side of the trench... All part of the plan to fortify positions... :D

Plenty of livestock to eat too... If it wasn't so far I'd come up norf.... In the event of an apocalypse though, best to avoid the roads... Think M25 at rush hour, but everywhere as all the sheeple frantically try to go Anywhere.
Chuck

#36 Post by Chuck »

Best bet sit tight till the sheeple have dispersed? Maybe the book dept in ASDA or wherever?
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#37 Post by TattooedGun »

I live on a nice quiet housing estate.... my house backs on to 7-8 other houses back gardens with access to possibly 20 more via the fenced off back garden.

My plans would involve barricading my house and pillaging the surrounding houses for tinned food/freezers until the power stops...

Luckily my house is supplied by solar power so will be able to keep frozen food/refridgerated food for longer than most and defence would be set up and fortified until food supplies run dry.... there's probably 100 or so houses on my estate alone, with more the other side of the railway tracks that are obscured by trees.

Moderated AR-15 in .22lr (Lots of subsonic ammo that is light and almost silent for all threats upto say 100 yards, and sneaking around in areas with no exposure beyond that distance)... There's no place like home.

When bugging out to greener pastures... it's not too far to Wales... :p

But I haven't really given it much thought... 8-) :p
Wapinschaw
Home club or Range: Aberdeen Full Bore Gun Club. Black Dog, Drums & Cairngall

#38 Post by Wapinschaw »

Some good ideas here, but as pointed out elsewhere, it's likely that one of the first responses of the authorities in the UK will be confiscation of all (registered....) firearms and ammo. I would expect all police HQ to have standby power which will keep their computer and comms systems running for a while after everyone else has lost theirs. It might take a week or two as there will be a lot of other things to attend to, especially after something big such as a nuke from that nice Mr Putin but I fear it will only be a matter of time before they will come knocking.
Gundoc
Home club or Range: Triple C Tactical

#39 Post by Gundoc »

You honestly believe that the powers that be will have the manpower to go door to door collecteing firearms and ammo while stretched to the limit by whatever problem has befallen the country??
Yes, I work for Lantac.
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#40 Post by Demonic69 »

Gundoc wrote:You honestly believe that the powers that be will have the manpower to go door to door collecteing firearms and ammo while stretched to the limit by whatever problem has befallen the country??
You honestly think they'd have the intelligence to realise that? ;-)
Plus, it's more important for them to be protected than anyone else in the world, if that meant hoarding our guns for themselves that's what they'd do.
If they could find me that is...