The bug out bag

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

Re: The bug out bag

#31 Post by Demonic69 »

Maybe a braided paracord specs holder for our bespectacled friends and family would make a good present :-)
Scotsgun

#32 Post by Scotsgun »

Bollox. If the bug out bag can't fit my armchair and comfy lavy seat, I'm not going. I need all the stuff in the house anyway and make some of my best plans on those two thrones.
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#33 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

I thought that the smart money was to make your house look like it's been ransacked and bug-in. Anyone who bugs out and wasn't on the balcony is potentially going to end up in a bad situation after a couple of weeks.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#34 Post by Demonic69 »

Charlotte the flyer wrote:I thought that the smart money was to make your house look like it's been ransacked and bug-in.
I'm ok then, with 2 young kids ours would be the most authentically ransacked in the neighborhood :-)
Explosive
Home club or Range: Saskatchewan

#35 Post by Explosive »

Britain is to small to bug out, there is nowhere to bug out to.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#36 Post by Geek »

Blackstuff wrote:Magazines, to feed the gun i've got in my hands, while i'm looking out of a window in the building i'm not leaving! lol

King kong would have to be coming down the street before i would consider 'bugging out' in this country.
How true:) why would anyone leave their home unless absolutely no choice?
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#37 Post by HALODIN »

Everyone would bug out to the same place. lol
Explosive wrote:Britain is to small to bug out, there is nowhere to bug out to.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#38 Post by snayperskaya »

Geek wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:Magazines, to feed the gun i've got in my hands, while i'm looking out of a window in the building i'm not leaving! lol

King kong would have to be coming down the street before i would consider 'bugging out' in this country.
How true:) why would anyone leave their home unless absolutely no choice?
Because if you live in a large village, town or city you are surrounded by hundreds to tens of thousands of people who will, sooner or later, want what you've got.If you live in a large town think how many people live within a five mile radius of you that would soon get hungry and desperate.A serious SHTF scenario would make the riots of 2011 look like the teddy bears picnic and some of the less, shall we say stable, members of society would think nothing of burning you in your house especially if you've taken a few potshots at them. If the proverbial seriously hit the fan and law and order completely broke down how long would you realistically survive in one spot, bearing in mind that if it was that bad then basic services like water, gas and electricity supplies would probably fail.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#39 Post by HALODIN »

Your best bet is to form small communities where you live in a SHTF scenario and if you live in a city, leave ASAP.