Basic Survival Skill

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: Basic Survival Skill

#21 Post by froggy »

The only things that comes out of "tins" in our house are either 54r or x39....

:good:
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#22 Post by Blackstuff »

In fairness i've nver seen the type of tin opener shown in the program and consequently wouldn't know how to use it straight away, i'd wager i'd have had a better stab at it that her bizzare efforts though! lol I'm of an age that never had to use the 'stab and turn' type at home, although i've used 'normal' tradional can openers that you find on Swiss Army knives or the P-38 GI type.

DVC
Chuck

#23 Post by Chuck »

...or just get ring pull cans??? And hope the ring doesn't break off?? aaarggh aaarggh
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#24 Post by snayperskaya »

A proper tin and tin opener ussrflag

"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#25 Post by Blackstuff »

Chuck wrote:...or just get ring pull cans??? And hope the ring doesn't break off?? aaarggh aaarggh
There were no ring pull cans in the 50's, which was the era being simulated. Its amazing that its taken until now for them to be made 5mith
DVC
whoowhoop

#26 Post by whoowhoop »

Tin can for food preservation first patented by Peter Durand in 1810.
First commercial cannery opened in 1813, and by 1845 it was possible to produce 60 cans an hour!!

Ezra Warner of Conneticut credited with inventing first tin opener in 1858, but the wheeled version which most of us still have somewhere didn't arrive until 1870

In 1866, J. Osterhoudt patented the tin can with a key opener that you can find on sardine cans.

On January 24, 1935, the first canned beer, "Krueger Cream Ale," was sold by the Kruger Brewing Company of Richmond, VA.

Ain't the interweb grand?
Happy is he, who goes out for the amusement of himself, and not for the amazement of others
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#27 Post by Demonic69 »

Blackstuff wrote:In fairness i've nver seen the type of tin opener shown in the program and consequently wouldn't know how to use it straight away, i'd wager i'd have had a better stab at it that her bizzare efforts though!
I'm the same, I've not seen that type before. I'd probably just jam it in the top and use brute-force to open it bangbang