Who's lost their ammo cache....

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
25Pdr
Past Supporter

Re: Who's lost their ammo cache....

#21 Post by 25Pdr »

A Story..

Many moons ago a Friend had his car stole, turns out he had a load of 303 rnds under the seat,anyhow, Plod phoned him to say they found his car would he like to come and pick it up.

To say he was a bit worried what the Police would do/say was an understatement, no worries though, they never even noticed the ammo, phew!

Wasn't me BTW, I keep all mine under the Bed. Joke!
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#22 Post by Maggot »

snayperskaya wrote:Down the bottom of the lane passed my mums old house was an old WW2 dump from an RAF maintenance unit near the river.Years ago a friend of mine bought an all singing all dancing metal detector and went down there with it and returned with a bucketful of live .50cal rounds, all in near perfect condition.We took them to the local nick and handed them in.......after the fifth or sixth bucketful they told him to either stop going down there or sell the bloody metal detector!.
Sounds reasonable

We have several gravel dredging companies on the Solent. After the war, shed loads of 40mm and 2pdr Pom Pom ammo went over the side while at anchor.

They have bins at said yard and simply toss them into the bins (proper steel boxes) for the EOD lads to deal with later. I think our lot used to have to attend, say..."Yep, you are right, its another one" and then call EOD.

Mind you there is stuff all over the forest, it was like Salisbury plain with attitude on the run up to D-day
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#23 Post by Gazoo »

I work offshore most of the year installing cables into wind farms, the amount of UXBs on the sea bed is staggering. Building the London array in shallow water, all the time the master was plotting where we could position our flat bottom vessel in case we beach (settle on sea bed) during low tide as we had to miss sitting on top of a UXB. the contacts on our chart were everywhere. It was same in the Baltic.
And thats without the likes of the Richard Montgomery sitting ticking away off London 5mith
Alea Jacta Est
5thGen
Home club or Range: HPRPC

#24 Post by 5thGen »

There's MASSIVE amounts of ordnance, including chemical weapons in sea dumps around the waters around the UK.

Ocassionally something unpleasant is brought up in the nets.

On a recent medical course the instructor was talking about a chap who believed he had found a nice piece of amber washed up on a beach, pockets it and not long after... FIZZ.

Grim isn't the word!