Zombie rot down times?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Gazza

Zombie rot down times?

#1 Post by Gazza »

Ok, I spent ages last night reading through this section about the potential zombie apocalypse that is coming our way.
A couple of questions.........
The term "bugging out" ...is that the same as buggering off somewhere till its all over?

And so to the main point,.... wouldnt it be safer to stay put till the zombies have rotted down to a point where they are no longer a serious threat?
What is the rot down to safety time of a zombie? wtf

Gaz
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Zombie rot down times?

#2 Post by Christel »

Gazza wrote:Ok, I spent ages last night reading through this section about the potential zombie apocalypse that is coming our way.
A couple of questions.........
The term "bugging out" ...is that the same as buggering off somewhere till its all over?

And so to the main point,.... wouldnt it be safer to stay put till the zombies have rotted down to a point where they are no longer a serious threat?
What is the rot down to safety time of a zombie? wtf

Gaz
lol

Excellent that you spent time reading this section.

Bugging out....army slang.
"Relocate due to threat".
Gazoo
Home club or Range: Bishop Auckland

#3 Post by Gazoo »

Rot down time, not an exact science I'm afraid. Temperature, enzymes and relative humidity will both play a big roll as will time of year for insect infestation. Blow flies should speed up the process . Why do we never see maggots ?
I wonder why the Zombie never seems afflicted with rigor mortis, as per non-zombified stiffs (hence the expression - stiff!)??
I think we would be troubled far longer in Northern England than those who live in the sunny costas like costa blanka, coster del sol and Southampton .
Of course the Scottish may have little zombie trouble as the walking dead might seize up all together in their colder climate, however that does raise another issue that has worried me.....midges, what if a midgie bites a zombie then bites a live human, can you catch zomb from that ???
Alea Jacta Est
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

It is not possible to stay put for the length of time it would take for the zombies to rot down or the whole world to be peaceful again.

Not matter how many supplies we have stashed away it will not last as long as we need it to and then of course comes medical supplies which are also needed from time to time so one has to go outside.
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#5 Post by Sixshot6 »

Gazoo wrote:Rot down time, not an exact science I'm afraid. Temperature, enzymes and relative humidity will both play a big roll as will time of year for insect infestation. Blow flies should speed up the process . Why do we never see maggots ?
I wonder why the Zombie never seems afflicted with rigor mortis, as per non-zombified stiffs (hence the expression - stiff!)??
I think we would be troubled far longer in Northern England than those who live in the sunny costas like costa blanka, coster del sol and Southampton .
Of course the Scottish may have little zombie trouble as the walking dead might seize up all together in their colder climate, however that does raise another issue that has worried me.....midges, what if a midgie bites a zombie then bites a live human, can you catch zomb from that ???
the first issue of the walking dead showed Rick confronting a zombie that had rotted from the waist down and couldn't move, idiot wasted a bullet putting it out of it's misery.

When is all this starting, so long as it's after all my favorite games and film's have come out that's fine, hopefully we could have civilization back in a few months of surviving it.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

They'd all be blind in under 2 days, get your zombie guts t-shirt on and stroll around at your leisure :good:
DVC
Gazza

#7 Post by Gazza »

There must be a set time for when tendons/muscles become wasted/rotted to the point of not being able to support the weight of the body? It must be just a couple of weeks seeing as they are usually half eaten anyway by other zombies?

So a couple of weeks holed up with bog roll, pot noodles and a thousand rounds of your preferred shotgun shell should suffice I'd say but I could be way off the mark wtf

On another point.... why have zombies got faster over the last 40 years?
Back in the 70's they were lumbering slow coaches that you could have outwalked let alone outrun but now 40 years on they run like demons and seem to never tire???

As soon as you clear up one zombie problem another appears 8-)
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#8 Post by Airbrush »

What about these Zombies?

Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

Fact: Zombies can't run...running is something Hollywood invented.

Use .22lr...much better than a shotgun, easier to carry.

Just because your village is infected and slowly grinding to a halt does not mean the rest of the world is following suit at the same pace...therefore you cannot sit and wait.
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#10 Post by Sixshot6 »

christel wrote:Fact: Zombies can't run...running is something Hollywood invented.

Use .22lr...much better than a shotgun, easier to carry.

Just because your village is infected and slowly grinding to a halt does not mean the rest of the world is following suit at the same pace...therefore you cannot sit and wait.

So hit, run and get the hell of out there and to safety?