FAC Variation for F/TR (without fullbore club ...yet)

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: FAC Variation for F/TR (without fullbore club ...yet)

#21 Post by bradaz11 »

well i thought i'd pop in a 1-4-1 for 357 pistol to 303 in at the same time as my 1-4-1 for a sold 44 pistol for another 44 pistol, and got both, so a nice result there for me.

someone at my club seemed to think that 44 pistol was a bit vague and meant i could get a humane dispatch pistol if i wanted, but i'm pretty sure that he is wrong, as that would need a condition to be added to my ticket. but i'm getting a front stuffer 44 so it doesnt matter anyway

i may wait a bit to actually buy the 303 though, when i can fully justify it's use
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
toffe wrapper

#22 Post by toffe wrapper »

Bradaz11
What's the plan to shoot the 303 will Thorn let you down load and only use Lead, I thought it was restricted to 22LR, pistol calibres & muzzle loading they will not allow LBR. You may need to join the NRA do training & get a SSC or a full bore club to do training or one with access to ranges that are not MOD.
You post looks like you have been granted permission to acquire without good reason
"i may wait a bit to actually buy the 303 though, when i can fully justify it's use"
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#23 Post by bradaz11 »

TW

i've just joined up to another club where i can shoot it, but i'm not a full member, thats why i used the word 'fully'

i put in for it, didnt offer up anything other than target shooting on the justification, and was given it. I was expecting a phonecall and to be asked why. but i got it. as i say, i'll wait the 3 months till im a full member as i probably wont be able to afford one till then anyway. but at least it means i can buy my own ammo for their club gun at least
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#24 Post by bradaz11 »

found out that as a member of the BWSS i have full justification for the 303 as they run events and comps that involve them, so i am fine :)