T3 Tactical

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

JRN
Home club or Range: CAM TIR, Magnac Laval France

T3 Tactical

#1 Post by JRN »

Your advice please. Looking at the Tikka T3 Tactical in 308 win, this would be my first full bore I have owned but have had limited experience of shoot this type weapon, your views on accuracy, finish and anything else. Shooting would be up to 500m.
dta europe

Re: T3 Tactical

#2 Post by dta europe »

Great rifle.
Excellent accuracy
Amazing value for money.

A lot of people would never need anything more out of a rifle.

Ewen
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

Yep I concur, excellent rifles straight out of the box.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

As everyone has said, they are superb rifles however if it was me I would also consider a T3 Super Varmint with a view to dropping it into an after market stock at a later date.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#5 Post by DW58 »

I'm with Ovenpaa - The T3 Super Varmint will do everything that the T3 Tactical can at a more reasonable price. I don't think the T3 Tactical offers enough advantage to justify the extra cost.

I have two T3 Super Varmints (.300WSM & .308), my son has a T3 Sport in .223 - all shoot very well indeed.
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
Christel
Site Admin

#6 Post by Christel »

JRN wrote:Your advice please. Looking at the Tikka T3 Tactical in 308 win, this would be my first full bore I have owned but have had limited experience of shoot this type weapon, your views on accuracy, finish and anything else. Shooting would be up to 500m.
Can I just correct you here...not having a go.
It is not a weapon...it is either a firearm or a gun or a rifle or bangstick, call it what you want, just not weapon.

Yes, I know the FEO calls it a weapon...totally misguided they are, this is because they group it all under the military/law enforcement category.
Target shooters are neither.

It is only a weapon if...
A weapon, arm, or armament is any device used in order to inflict damage or harm to living beings, structures, or systems. Weapons are used to increase the efficacy and efficiency of activities such as hunting, crime, law enforcement, self-defense, and warfare. In a broader context, weapons may be construed to include anything used to gain a strategic, material or mental advantage over an adversary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon

Which is why my FEO cannot inspect my weapons because I only have firearms.

You may find this pedantic however it is all down to perception...something us target shooters have to be very careful about.
DL.

#7 Post by DL. »

christel wrote: Can I just correct you here...not having a go.
It is not a weapon...it is either a firearm or a gun or a rifle or bangstick, call it what you want, just not weapon.

Yes, I know the FEO calls it a weapon...totally misguided they are, this is because they group it all under the military/law enforcement category.
Target shooters are neither.

I'm of the same thinking that generally weapon is the wrong term for sporting firearms. Just to muddy the waters a little, here is a picture of a T3 tactical being used for law enforcement-
http://www.anorak.co.uk/253198/news/rao ... tory.html/

It's not obvious, but maybe the intended purpose of T3 tacticals is civilian target shooting, and if required law enforcement, so the purposes of the end user dictate whether these are referred to as weapons or not? A weapon in the hands of a firearms officer, but yet a sporting rifle in the hands of a target shooter?
JS569
Home club or Range: catterick

#8 Post by JS569 »

ovenpaa wrote:As everyone has said, they are superb rifles however if it was me I would also consider a T3 Super Varmint with a view to dropping it into an after market stock at a later date.
Ovenpaa what type of stock would you suggest dropping it into?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

JS569 wrote:Ovenpaa what type of stock would you suggest dropping it into?
You are spoilt for choices, you could go for a Manners, the fit is quite good, or a GRS or look at the chassis systems available, you could even look for a good S/H T3 Tactical stock which would not cost a great deal.

From a personal view I have fitted GRS and Manners stocks in the past and they are both well made and inletted and virtually drop in so they *should* be a DiY job for someone with basic tools who is handy with their hands. Also there are chassis such as they Whiskey-3 Chassis (Gen 3) which is superbly well made and thought out, I can personally vouch for them although they are quite pricey.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
JRN
Home club or Range: CAM TIR, Magnac Laval France

#10 Post by JRN »

thanks to all who have replied, I will look at the alternatives before deciding, one further question, is the barrel on the tactical any different from the other heavy barrels in the range and am I correct in assuming that the tactical comes in 20 or 24 inch barrel. Finally my apologies for using the "W" word.